Injury advice

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Injury advice

I've been PEing for a month now and have given myself a mild injury I seem to have pulled a ligament in my upper left groin area. It's probably due to the fact I was a bit over zealous for the first two weeks, and only jelqed to the right in an attempt to fix my slight left curve. I've now found a very light routine i'm happy with (PESG's) but my lig sometimes hurts if I pull too hard.

Basically, it's fine 99% of the time and only hurts about three in every hundred jelqs. I'd rate the pain as low... maybe three out of ten. I'm now excersising in all directions and my PI's are good.

Just wondering what I should do... 1) Continue with the the light routine and be carefull not to pull the ligament. Or 2) stop all together until it's fully healed.

Cheers.
    8th Aug 2010 - 7" NBPEL x 5.4" MSEG
    Current - 7.25" NBPEL x 5.5" MSEG

Aiming for - 7.5" NBPEL x 5.75" MSEG

A warm rice sock each day for 20 minutes may help. A 2 minute cooldown might help too (after the rice sock)--but just use a cool washcloth & don't use it to the extent that it makes you turtle.

A swim in a normal pool (not heated) might give some relief too.

Don't do anything that causes pain & let yourself completely heal. I recommend no PE until you're feeling 100% again.

A permanent injury is not worth it; you'll gain more in the end by being patient & erring on the side of caution. Write down your experience & feelings in your log the day of the injury. Remember how it felt, and remember, that you pushed too hard based on your current level of conditioning. Hopefully this will prevent a repeat experience.
    My progress journal / useful PE links

Comment

Thanks blink. Think i'll take a week off my normal routine and see how I feel. It doesn't feel like it's getting any better or worse at the min, so maybe a short rest is all the lig needs.

It'll be hard going cold turkey mind :-) I'll maybe just do some light C-jelqs on the left (smaller) side of my shaft this week, to try and straighten my curve.

Luckily i've been into fitness my whole life, so i'm fairly good at listening to my body.

Right! i'm off to wet a cloth.

Comment

You can check each day to see whether you're getting improvement--just inspect your flaccid a lot, looking for any good or bad signs. You could gently squeeze it to see if you're still sore.

Comment

Heat and rest are your two best friends when it comes to PE related injuries. Plenty of heat and a few days off or even a week off should do just fine.
          It's a tough job being good looking and hung :-)

Comment

Will do blink. Because it doesn't hurt normally, the only way i'll know if it's healed is if I intentionally strain it.

MBD...I have the hot rice sock on now :-)

Just hope i'm not out of the game for too long :-(

Comment

Just make sure you come back once you're healed, this way you don't lose the gains you've already made. That's a mistake I made myself--I kept getting injured (in the bedroom, not PE related), so I stopped PE -- I should have come back again (I am back, but I lost my gains because I waited so incredibly long after I was fully healed).

Comment

Don't worry, I won't be going anywhere. I'm already getting positive results after just a month. It'll take an act of god to stop me now :-)

How long did it take to lose your gains?

Comment

How I Lost My Gains
                  Several sporadic months followed by nearly a full year of no PE at all. Normally guys don't lose everything; however, I think my length gains were mostly from ligament stretching, so perhaps the ligaments just retracted. My very minor girth gains stayed (1/8" MSEG), and most or all of my base girth gains from hanging stayed (a full 1" of base girth, I want to measure it again to confirm; I do believe my base girth was 6" at one point).

Current Situation
                  Shortly after I came back to PE I gained another 1/8" MSEG with very light jelqs... which is funny since I wasn't trying to get any girth gains-- as of my last measure I am up +0.5" BPEL, and + 0.24" MSEG, with some good base girth gains too. So I'm just at 6.5" BPEL / 5.13" MSEG as of my last measurement (I started at 6" BPEL & 4.88" MSEG).. I never thought my base girth really counted, and since I plan to do a lot more hanging, my base girth will probably always exceed my mid-shaft girth. I don't think it's a problem...

There's nothing too special about my gains so far. I am just looking forward to reaching 7" & surpassing my old best measure of 6.75" BPEL.

Comment

Bad news bud. I bet you get your gains back much more quickly than they took before.

I'm assuming the penis has a memory just like the rest of our bodies.

Comment

I think you may be right. I regained .5" during my first two months--that's faster than I gained that amount the first time around. So I guess my previous work was not a complete waste

Just knowing a lot more about PE this time may be another reason for the improved speed at which I made gains.

Comment

Originally posted by Jimrod View Post
                        I've been PEing for a month now and have given myself a mild injury I seem to have pulled a ligament in my upper left groin area. It's probably due to the fact I was a bit over zealous for the first two weeks, and only jelqed to the right in an attempt to fix my slight left curve. I've now found a very light routine i'm happy with (PESG's) but my lig sometimes hurts if I pull too hard.

Basically, it's fine 99% of the time and only hurts about three in every hundred jelqs. I'd rate the pain as low... maybe three out of ten. I'm now excersising in all directions and my PI's are good.

Just wondering what I should do... 1) Continue with the the light routine and be carefull not to pull the ligament. Or 2) stop all together until it's fully healed.

Cheers.
                        Hi, I think I may have a mild injury in my left groin area (or left pubic region as well). I did the newbie stretches. Nothing really hurt when I did it. I didn't pull/stretch that hard. But after a while I noticed a straining feeling in my left testicle and on the left side on the pubic bone. To be safe I didn't even do the jelq's. Its not really intense pain. But it does feel like a pull.strain. Almost like if you ever felt being slapped in the balls. (but less intense pain)... but similair, along those lines.

Is this normal when you first start? Is this just what the training is like until you get used to the stress? Thanks

Comment

Working...
                        X