ethics

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by CUSP82 View Post
    It is not their job. They should be concerned about health only.
    Sorry for all the other answers, but CUSP is right in what he says, there could be many reasons why a mother had sex with somebody else and not your father, and reasons your mother may not want to divulge to as why, your mother goes to her doctor pregnant, and he/she sees her through it and that is that, how and who with is down to your mother if at a later time in life she wants to tell you so, and that is it.

He/she is your doctor, he/she is there to keep you healthy and get you well when your sick and there it stops.

NOWHARD

Comment

Originally posted by NOWHARD View Post
      Sorry for all the other answers, but CUSP is right in what he says, there could be many reasons why a mother had sex with somebody else and not your father, and reasons your mother may not want to divulge to as why, your mother goes to her doctor pregnant, and he/she sees her through it and that is that, how and who with is down to your mother if at a later time in life she wants to tell you so, and that is it.

He/she is your doctor, he/she is there to keep you healthy and get you well when your sick and there it stops.

NOWHARD
      So they collude with fraud and you think that is ok? Is it ok when others do it ? Of course these days they will sell you a DNA kit for a buck does that make them more moral or more money hungry or both?
      Are you ok with the murder also?

Comment

Originally posted by Pegasus View Post
        So they collude with fraud and you think that is ok? Is it ok when others do it ? Of course these days they will sell you a DNA kit for a buck does that make them more moral or more money hungry or both?
        It's getting really cheap with paternity mail in dna-tests these days, good thing for worried men.

Comment

I don't think it's the doctor's place neither to tell unless asked.

Anyway it takes more than a sperm cell to be a father. And some things are better not known.

If you found out say your 10 year old daughter wasn't yours, would you make you love her less or even not at all? Of course it wouldn't. It would just destroy a couple of people's lives.

It doesn't make it right but I'm sure it's being happening since the beginning of time.
          Women were created from the rib of man to be beside him, not from his head to top him, nor from his feet to be trampled by him, but from under his arm to be protected by him, near to his heart to be loved by him.

Comment

You lost me when it come to fraud? and just where did murder come into it?

You seen to forget the Hippocratic Oath and what it stands for.

NOWHARD
            Last edited by NOWHARD; 11-28-2017, 10:28 AM.

Comment

NOWHARD
              And you forget the marriage contract. The two people are contractually obligated to each other. It is fraud to break the contract. The doctor is colluding because he or she has first hand knowledge.
              ALL THE WAY WITH GOOD OLE JAY!

Comment

All that being said. The ethics violation is by the cheater. Not the doctor IMO. If cheaters would stop cheating our lives would all be better.

Comment

Originally posted by Tara123 View Post
                  I don't think it's the doctor's place neither to tell unless asked.

Anyway it takes more than a sperm cell to be a father. And some things are better not known.

If you found out say your 10 year old daughter wasn't yours, would you make you love her less or even not at all? Of course it wouldn't. It would just destroy a couple of people's lives.

It doesn't make it right but I'm sure it's being happening since the beginning of time.
                  I have seen them asked and refuse to answer . Yes it did happen for many years now of course are dna tests.

Comment

NOWHARD
                    Read the thread and the link .
                    I have suggested docs are often on shakey ground ethically.

Comment

Originally posted by Wishful10x8 View Post
                      And you forget the marriage contract. The two people are contractually obligated to each other. It is fraud to break the contract. The doctor is colluding because he or she has first hand knowledge.
                      Like I said wish if a women goes to a doctor pregnant, as far as I know a doctor would not ask if she was married, it would just be assumed that the husband is the father, so he would not be colluding, but if he did know he is under the Hippocratic Oath, and this is from it.

Whatever I see or hear in the lives of my patients, whether in connection with my professional practice or not, which ought not to be spoken of outside, I will keep secret, as considering all such things to be private.

It reads like this now.

I will respect the privacy of my patients, for their problems are not disclosed to me that the world may know. Most especially must I tread with care in matters of life and death. If it is given me to save a life, all thanks. But it may also be within my power to take a life; this awesome responsibility must be faced with great humbleness and awareness of my own frailty. Above all, I must not play at God.

Can you see now, he has to keep all things a secret, so no concluding is there.

NOWHARD
                      Last edited by NOWHARD; 11-28-2017, 02:01 PM.

Comment

Read the thread and the link .
                        I have suggested docs are often on shakey ground ethically.
                        Go read the Oath Pegman, its below just for you.

Hippocratic Oath

I swear by Apollo the physician, and Asclepius, and Hygieia and Panacea and all the gods and goddesses as my witnesses, that, according to my ability and judgement, I will keep this Oath and this contract:
                        To hold him who taught me this art equally dear to me as my parents, to be a partner in life with him, and to fulfill his needs when required; to look upon his offspring as equals to my own siblings, and to teach them this art, if they shall wish to learn it, without fee or contract; and that by the set rules, lectures, and every other mode of instruction, I will impart a knowledge of the art to my own sons, and those of my teachers, and to students bound by this contract and having sworn this Oath to the law of medicine, but to no others.
                        I will use those dietary regimens which will benefit my patients according to my greatest ability and judgement, and I will do no harm or injustice to them.
                        I will not give a lethal drug to anyone if I am asked, nor will I advise such a plan; and similarly I will not give a woman a pessary to cause an abortion.
                        In purity and according to divine law will I carry out my life and my art.
                        I will not use the knife, even upon those suffering from stones, but I will leave this to those who are trained in this craft.
                        Into whatever homes I go, I will enter them for the benefit of the sick, avoiding any voluntary act of impropriety or corruption, including the seduction of women or men, whether they are free men or slaves.
                        Whatever I see or hear in the lives of my patients, whether in connection with my professional practice or not, which ought not to be spoken of outside, I will keep secret, as considering all such things to be private.
                        So long as I maintain this Oath faithfully and without corruption, may it be granted to me to partake of life fully and the practice of my art, gaining the respect of all men for all time. However, should I transgress this Oath and violate it, may the opposite be my fate.
                        Translated by Michael North, National Library of Medicine, 2002.

And this one as it is today

A Modern Version of the Hippocratic Oath

I swear to fulfill, to the best of my ability and judgment, this covenant:
                        I will respect the hard-won scientific gains of those physicians in whose steps I walk, and gladly share such knowledge as is mine with those who are to follow.
                        I will apply, for the benefit of the sick, all measures which are required, avoiding those twin traps of overtreatment and therapeutic nihilism.
                        I will remember that there is art to medicine as well as science, and that warmth, sympathy, and understanding may outweigh the surgeon's knife or the chemist's drug.
                        I will not be ashamed to say "I know not," nor will I fail to call in my colleagues when the skills of another are needed for a patient's recovery.
                        I will respect the privacy of my patients, for their problems are not disclosed to me that the world may know. Most especially must I tread with care in matters of life and death. If it is given me to save a life, all thanks. But it may also be within my power to take a life; this awesome responsibility must be faced with great humbleness and awareness of my own frailty. Above all, I must not play at God.
                        I will remember that I do not treat a fever chart, a cancerous growth, but a sick human being, whose illness may affect the person's family and economic stability. My responsibility includes these related problems, if I am to care adequately for the sick.
                        I will prevent disease whenever I can, for prevention is preferable to cure.
                        I will remember that I remain a member of society, with special obligations to all my fellow human beings, those sound of mind and body as well as the infirm. If I do not violate this oath, may I enjoy life and art, respected while I live and remembered with affection thereafter. May I always act so as to preserve the finest traditions of my calling and may I long experience the joy of healing those who seek my help.

NOWHARD

Comment

Nice words; somehow the legal system has changed a lot of that.
                          The world's still a toy if you just stay a boy!

Comment

As have the financial speculators. Prevention? Ha

Comment

Originally posted by nowhard View Post
                              like i said wish if a women goes to a doctor pregnant, as far as i know a doctor would not ask if she was married, it would just be assumed that the husband is the father, so he would not be colluding, but if he did know he is under the hippocratic oath, and this is from it.

Whatever i see or hear in the lives of my patients, whether in connection with my professional practice or not, which ought not to be spoken of outside, i will keep secret, as considering all such things to be private.

It reads like this now.

I will respect the privacy of my patients, for their problems are not disclosed to me that the world may know. Most especially must i tread with care in matters of life and death. If it is given me to save a life, all thanks. But it may also be within my power to take a life; this awesome responsibility must be faced with great humbleness and awareness of my own frailty. Above all, i must not play at god.

Can you see now, he has to keep all things a secret, so no concluding is there.

Nowhard
                              read the thread stop going off on tangents.

Comment

Originally posted by nowhard View Post
                                go read the oath pegman, its below just for you.

hippocratic oath

i swear by apollo the physician, and asclepius, and hygieia and panacea and all the gods and goddesses as my witnesses, that, according to my ability and judgement, i will keep this oath and this contract:
                                To hold him who taught me this art equally dear to me as my parents, to be a partner in life with him, and to fulfill his needs when required; to look upon his offspring as equals to my own siblings, and to teach them this art, if they shall wish to learn it, without fee or contract; and that by the set rules, lectures, and every other mode of instruction, i will impart a knowledge of the art to my own sons, and those of my teachers, and to students bound by this contract and having sworn this oath to the law of medicine, but to no others.
                                I will use those dietary regimens which will benefit my patients according to my greatest ability and judgement, and i will do no harm or injustice to them.
                                I will not give a lethal drug to anyone if i am asked, nor will i advise such a plan; and similarly i will not give a woman a pessary to cause an abortion.
                                In purity and according to divine law will i carry out my life and my art.
                                I will not use the knife, even upon those suffering from stones, but i will leave this to those who are trained in this craft.
                                Into whatever homes i go, i will enter them for the benefit of the sick, avoiding any voluntary act of impropriety or corruption, including the seduction of women or men, whether they are free men or slaves.
                                Whatever i see or hear in the lives of my patients, whether in connection with my professional practice or not, which ought not to be spoken of outside, i will keep secret, as considering all such things to be private.
                                So long as i maintain this oath faithfully and without corruption, may it be granted to me to partake of life fully and the practice of my art, gaining the respect of all men for all time. However, should i transgress this oath and violate it, may the opposite be my fate.
                                Translated by michael north, national library of medicine, 2002.

And this one as it is today

a modern version of the hippocratic oath

i swear to fulfill, to the best of my ability and judgment, this covenant:
                                I will respect the hard-won scientific gains of those physicians in whose steps i walk, and gladly share such knowledge as is mine with those who are to follow.
                                I will apply, for the benefit of the sick, all measures which are required, avoiding those twin traps of overtreatment and therapeutic nihilism.
                                I will remember that there is art to medicine as well as science, and that warmth, sympathy, and understanding may outweigh the surgeon's knife or the chemist's drug.
                                I will not be ashamed to say "i know not," nor will i fail to call in my colleagues when the skills of another are needed for a patient's recovery.
                                I will respect the privacy of my patients, for their problems are not disclosed to me that the world may know. Most especially must i tread with care in matters of life and death. If it is given me to save a life, all thanks. But it may also be within my power to take a life; this awesome responsibility must be faced with great humbleness and awareness of my own frailty. Above all, i must not play at god.
                                I will remember that i do not treat a fever chart, a cancerous growth, but a sick human being, whose illness may affect the person's family and economic stability. My responsibility includes these related problems, if i am to care adequately for the sick.
                                I will prevent disease whenever i can, for prevention is preferable to cure.
                                I will remember that i remain a member of society, with special obligations to all my fellow human beings, those sound of mind and body as well as the infirm. If i do not violate this oath, may i enjoy life and art, respected while i live and remembered with affection thereafter. May i always act so as to preserve the finest traditions of my calling and may i long experience the joy of healing those who seek my help.

Nowhard
                                i suggest they regularly don't do that
                                sTART YOUR READING OF THE THREAD WITH POST ONE WHEN YOU GET TO THE POST WITH THE LINK I POSTED BE SURE TO READ THAT ALSO .
                                there IS NO POINT IN COMMENTING ON A THREAD YOU HAVE OBVIOUSLY NOT READ
                                Pegasus
                                Administrator
                                PE Gym Editor
                                PEGym Hero
                                Admin of the Month Mar 2015
                                Last edited by Pegasus; 11-29-2017, 12:28 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X