No announcement yet.

Aussie

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

We play you guys in mixed rules annually.

Originally posted by Pegasus View Post
    Yes Aussie rules football is descended from Galic (irish) football . It is a kicking game features a lot of running and leaping .

The difference between a madman and a terrorist seems to be a political agenda.

The madman is under arrest in hospital being treated for gunshot wounds
    League of Legends ​/ Top Performers / Pull the Chute

My Log / KITJ / KITV / Phallosan Tips / 2014 Challenge Statistics

Comment

Bega have just bought the rights to Vegamite which returns to aussie hands .

Aussie aussie oi oi oi .

I am off to the shop to buy vegemite and bega cheese.

Umm forgive the flag waveing everyone .
      Pegman Like you I to love Vegamite, I like it on soft cheese on toast, it has a great flavour, but remember Peg, someone on here likes yucky haggis OMG.

NOWHARD

Comment

It is possible to like bot vegemite and haggis.

Comment

It is possible to like bot vegemite and haggis.
          No you see the big guy for the Haggis, he's the lover of it, hey I wonder if he reads Burns why eating it?

NOWHARD

Comment

Haggis is really nice. Same with black and white blood pudding.
            League of Legends ​/ Top Performers / Pull the Chute

My Log / KITJ / KITV / Phallosan Tips / 2014 Challenge Statistics

Comment

My niece's husband is from Australia and loves vegemite. We buy it for him every year as a Christmas present. The rest of the family tries it and non of us like it.

Must be an acquired taste from early childhood.

Vegemite (/ˈvɛmt/ vej-ə-myt)[2][3] is a thick, black Australian food spread made from leftover brewers' yeast extract with various vegetable and spice additives. It was developed by Cyril Percy Callister in Melbourne, Victoria in 1922. The Vegemite brand is currently owned by Mondelez International,[4] but will be acquired by the Australian Bega Cheese group following an agreement in January 2017.[5]
              not2big
              Senior Super Moderator
              PEGym Hero
              Last edited by not2big; 02-07-2017, 03:27 PM.
              Valued Member of 12+ years at the PEGym
              12/'09 (start) NBP EL - 4.5, EG - 4.4
              12/11 NBPEL - 5.1, MSEG - 5
              01/13 NBPEL - 5.35, MSEG - 5.1
              01/14 NBPEL - 5.35, MSEG - 5.25
              01/16 NBPEL - 5.4, MSEG - 5.5
              Fat Pad = 1+/-

Real cars have two seats. Everything else is a bus.

Comment

Originally posted by NOWHARD View Post
                No you see the big guy for the Haggis, he's the lover of it, hey I wonder if he reads Burns why eating it?

NOWHARD
                I believe he is English so I doubt it .

Comment

Originally posted by kickinthemebs View Post
                  Haggis is really nice. Same with black and white blood pudding.
                  Black pudding is nice fried with eggs, bacon and the rest for a good breakfast.

NOWHARD

Comment

Originally posted by not2big View Post
                    My niece's husband is from Australia and loves vegemite. We buy it for him every year as a Christmas present. The rest of the family tries it and non of us like it.

Must be an acquired taste from early childhood.

Vegemite (/ˈvɛmt/ vej-ə-myt)[2][3] is a thick, black Australian food spread made from leftover brewers' yeast extract with various vegetable and spice additives. It was developed by Cyril Percy Callister in Melbourne, Victoria in 1922. The Vegemite brand is currently owned by Mondelez International,[4] but will be acquired by the Australian Bega Cheese group following an agreement in January 2017.[5]
                    Its the same as Marmite from the UK and a couple more in Europe, see I also love Twiglets, not a lot of people like them, but as kids they loved them.

NOWHARD

Comment

Been watching womens AFl which now has a top level womens league .

It's a great step forward for womens sport but jeus man what varied backgrounds . Of course many have a lifelong background in afl . But one played last year for the Chicago Bliss in gridiron , basketballers ,soccer players one girl who got in as a free agent never played high level sport she is a bricklayer .

Comment

one girl who got in as a free agent never played high level sport she is a bricklayer
                        What's her name Fred.

Been around the building game in the UK never seen a female bricky, a few painters though.

Mind you there are a few rugby teams that's all female in the UK, Aus, NZ. and a few more.

NOWHARD

Comment

Yep rugby players , a aussie rep in bobsled , javelin . Surprised there are not more players over 6ft.

Comment

A hundred people smugglers got together and are sueing the aussie govt for sending them to jail they want 100 million not sure if that is aussie or US dollars . Of course this is not happening in aussie it is in a Indonesian court .

Ah the Indonesians always so helpful to aussie on people smuggle issues . The procedings had to be delayed because the aussie govt had not sent a rep . I wonder how they think they could enforce payment lol.

A lot of concern in my home state as state election boundaries are changed . It was anticipated that the state premier (governor) might go to the polls early on the present boundaries but she has vowed to fight it on whatever the commission gives her . She is a hero of the Labour party and her softly girl next door approach hides true grit.
                            It will be a tough fight not only against the conservaties but a resurgent populist/nationalist "One Nation " party led by Pauline "Ku klux" Hanson.

The head of the govt owned Australia post has resigned amid complaints his salary was too high . He claims it was just time to move on after a long and successful run.
                            I had a look at this claim and it actually stacks up . He came to the ceo role with a rapidly dwindling letter section causing a drain and the future very much in doubt . He could of gone the American route and just slashed the workforce, lowered wages yada yada . Instead he retrained people for the parcel business which now outcompetes the international competition . The business has returned billions to the Australian taxpayer . Well I think exec pays are a bit high but if anyone ever earnt his money it was Akmed (yes a muslim aussie).

A large number of aussies lowest paid have just taken a pay cut ,the Americanisation of the labour force continues.
                            Pegasus
                            Administrator
                            PE Gym Editor
                            PEGym Hero
                            Admin of the Month Mar 2015
                            Last edited by Pegasus; 02-25-2017, 09:55 PM.

Comment

Oh dear this rather unfortunate incident is I hope rare . The strange part is it happened to upper middle class anglo Australian 70y old lady . One would hope it would not happen to anyone except confirmed terrorist /people smuggler or the like.

© Sydney Writers Festival The experience left Fox feeling like she had been ‘physically assaulted’. Australian childrens’ book author Mem Fox has suggested she might never to return to the US after she was detained and insulted by border control agents at Los Angeles airport. Fox, who is famous worldwide for her best-selling books including Ten Little Fingers and Ten Little Toes and Possum Magic, was en route to a conference in Milwaukee earlier this month when she was stopped.
                              She told the Australian Broadcasting Corporation she was questioned by border agents for two hours in front of a room full of people – an experience that left her feeling like she had been physically assaulted.
                              “I have never in my life been spoken to with such insolence, treated with such disdain, with so many insults and with so much gratuitous impoliteness,” Fox said.
                              “I felt like I had been physically assaulted which is why, when I got to my hotel room, I completely collapsed and sobbed like a baby, and I’m 70 years old.”
                              The author attributed the aggressive questioning to border police who had been “turbocharged” by Donald Trump’s proposed travel ban.
                              Fox said she was questioned over her visa, despite having travelled to America 116 times before without incident. She was eventually granted access to the country.
                              After lodging a complaint over her treatment with the Australian embassy in Washington and the US embassy in Canberra, Fox received an emailed apology from US officials.
                              Fox said she was shocked by her treatment and “couldn’t imagine” returning to the US.
                              Fox has written more than 30 children’s books, including the hits Where is the Green Sheep? and Time for Bed. Possum Magic has sold more than three million copies and is the bestselling picture book in Australian history.

Comment

Oh dear this rather unfortunate incident is I hope rare . The strange part is it happened to upper middle class anglo Australian 70y old lady . One would hope it would not happen to anyone except confirmed terrorist /people smuggler or the like.

© Sydney Writers Festival The experience left Fox feeling like she had been ‘physically assaulted’. Australian childrens’ book author Mem Fox has suggested she might never to return to the US after she was detained and insulted by border control agents at Los Angeles airport. Fox, who is famous worldwide for her best-selling books including Ten Little Fingers and Ten Little Toes and Possum Magic, was en route to a conference in Milwaukee earlier this month when she was stopped.
                                She told the Australian Broadcasting Corporation she was questioned by border agents for two hours in front of a room full of people – an experience that left her feeling like she had been physically assaulted.
                                “I have never in my life been spoken to with such insolence, treated with such disdain, with so many insults and with so much gratuitous impoliteness,” Fox said.
                                “I felt like I had been physically assaulted which is why, when I got to my hotel room, I completely collapsed and sobbed like a baby, and I’m 70 years old.”
                                The author attributed the aggressive questioning to border police who had been “turbocharged” by Donald Trump’s proposed travel ban.
                                Fox said she was questioned over her visa, despite having travelled to America 116 times before without incident. She was eventually granted access to the country.
                                After lodging a complaint over her treatment with the Australian embassy in Washington and the US embassy in Canberra, Fox received an emailed apology from US officials.
                                Fox said she was shocked by her treatment and “couldn’t imagine” returning to the US.
                                Fox has written more than 30 children’s books, including the hits Where is the Green Sheep? and Time for Bed. Possum Magic has sold more than three million copies and is the bestselling picture book in Australian history.
                                Customs agents have always been major jerkoffs in my experience. Rude as hell and insulting, treat people with zero respect. Not only was that the case with me, but how I saw others treated. This is an unfortunate story also, one of many that don't make the news.
                                "It is a shame for a man to grow old without seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable"

- Socrates

Start: 7 x 5 (BPEL x MSEG)
                                Now: 8.25 x 6.25
                                Goal: 9 x 7

Comment

Working...
                                X