Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What changes are you hoping Trump will make first?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• $15 billion comes to about $120 per household. Maybe we can get ElChopo to pay for it.

Wouldnt this money be better spent to provide subsidized housing, food, and education for the working poor?
    Valued Member of 12+ years at the PEGym
    12/'09 (start) NBP EL - 4.5, EG - 4.4
    12/11 NBPEL - 5.1, MSEG - 5
    01/13 NBPEL - 5.35, MSEG - 5.1
    01/14 NBPEL - 5.35, MSEG - 5.25
    01/16 NBPEL - 5.4, MSEG - 5.5
    Fat Pad = 1+/-

Real cars have two seats. Everything else is a bus.

Comment

• Originally posted by Tamora View Post
      Hey! It'll create a lot of jobs!
      That's what I was thinking. It might be the largest public works project, other than Eisenhower's Interstate public works program.

Re: tunnels... having lived in Arizona and SoCal - and worked in both for a very large landscaping firms - I can tell you most of the illegals do not come over via tunnels. Yes, there are tunnels - but, only a small portion of illegal aliens arrive that way.
      Kimberly
      PEGym.com

Follow us on Twitter! https://twitter.com/pegym

Comment

• Originally posted by not2big View Post
        $15 billion comes to about $120 per household. Maybe we can get ElChopo to pay for it.

Wouldnt this money be better spent to provide subsidized housing, food, and education for the working poor?
        No! You're just creating another "incentive" for illegals to cross the border with this idea, IMO. Without a wall to help stem the tide of illegal aliens into America, we are doomed. It's an open invitation to terrorism, both economically (fiscally) & physically! EVERY country has a responsibility to it's citizens to protect them by securing the borders. I frankly can't figure out why we didn't build a wall over 100 years ago, once the contiguous 48 were established!

Comment

• Get China to build it for you...they'll get it done in no time!

There you go! Another trade deal for Trump...clever ain't he!
          The name's Tamora...TVR Tamora...with a capital "T".

Lots of living to do yet unseen and a more stories yet untold!

Comment

• Originally posted by KMWylie View Post
            That's what I was thinking. It might be the largest public works project, other than Eisenhower's Interstate public works program.

Re: tunnels... having lived in Arizona and SoCal - and worked in both for a very large landscaping firms - I can tell you most of the illegals do not come over via tunnels. Yes, there are tunnels - but, only a small portion of illegal aliens arrive that way.
            Most of the tunnels on the border have been for running drugs. The vast majority of illegals are looking to find a simple way to cross.
            To totally satisfy a woman sexually is not about having a large penis, it's about being a good lover.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cavalier View Post
              Most of the tunnels on the border have been for running drugs. The vast majority of illegals are looking to find a simple way to cross.
              Before Trump was in office, you only had to call an UBER!...couldn't be simpler!

Comment

• Why not spend $1 billion and boost up the border patrol. China built a big wall a thousand years ago and it proved to be ineffective.
                Valued Member of 12+ years at the PEGym
                12/'09 (start) NBP EL - 4.5, EG - 4.4
                12/11 NBPEL - 5.1, MSEG - 5
                01/13 NBPEL - 5.35, MSEG - 5.1
                01/14 NBPEL - 5.35, MSEG - 5.25
                01/16 NBPEL - 5.4, MSEG - 5.5
                Fat Pad = 1+/-

Real cars have two seats. Everything else is a bus.

Comment

• Originally posted by not2big View Post
                  Why not spend $1 billion and boost up the border patrol. China built a big wall a thousand years ago and it proved to be ineffective.
                  The Great Wall reduced the number of raids by the Mongols by almost 99%. Before the wall, raids of groups as small as 20 or 30 men were extremely common. Once the wall was complete, there were never any breaches with fewer than 20,000 men. The Great Wall provided China the security it needed to become the most prosperous nation(not empire) in the entire world, for nearly a thousand years. If the Great Wall of Trump can do that for us, sign me up!

Originally posted by jockinthebox View Post
                  I frankly can't figure out why we didn't build a wall over 100 years ago, once the contiguous 48 were established!
                  The border is all desert and mountains. 100 years ago, the only way into America would be traveling a thousand plus miles of desert on foot or horse(plus supplies). And most people didn't own horses. Especially people wanting to emigrate.

Now you can load up a dozen people on pickup trucks. But back then, almost no one was interested. Mexico didn't have a lot of automobiles up in the North until the 1960s. Which, not coincidentally, is when we started having a major increase in border crossings. I don't really fault earlier governments for failing to act. But by Johnson and Nixon's time, it was well understood, and we should have been doing something by then. Every president since then has been perfectly aware, but they all like the cheap labor. It's about time one of our presidents puts American workers ahead of global corporations!
                  WalkThePlank
                  Last edited by WalkThePlank; 01-27-2017, 04:09 PM.
                  "The size of your penis depends on your fantasies". - IBM

Comment

• Originally posted by WalkThePlank View Post
                    The Great Wall reduced the number of raids by the Mongols by almost 99%. Before the wall, raids of groups as small as 20 or 30 men were extremely common. Once the wall was complete, there were never any breaches with fewer than 20,000 men. The Great Wall provided China the security it needed to become the most prosperous nation(not empire) in the entire world, for nearly a thousand years. If the Great Wall of Trump can do that for us, sign me up!

The border is all desert and mountains. 100 years ago, the only way into America would be traveling a thousand plus miles of desert on foot or horse(plus supplies). And most people didn't own horses. Especially people wanting to emigrate.

Now you can load up a dozen people on pickup trucks. But back then, almost no one was interested. Mexico didn't have a lot of automobiles up in the North until the 1960s. Which, not coincidentally, is when we started having a major increase in border crossings. I don't really fault earlier governments for failing to act. But by Johnson and Nixon's time, it was well understood, and we should have been doing something by then. Every president since then has been perfectly aware, but they all like the cheap labor. It's about time one of our presidents puts American workers ahead of global corporations!
                    Interesting Great Wall fact that I didn't know, until my daughter and I visited it last spring -- they used horse manure for signal fires. The more poop they burned - the thicker the smoke - and it signified how large the incoming enemies troops were, so the villages would know how many men to send.

I thought that was pretty cool!
                    Kimberly
                    PEGym.com

Follow us on Twitter! https://twitter.com/pegym

Comment

• Originally posted by KMWylie View Post
                      Interesting Great Wall fact that I didn't know, until my daughter and I visited it last spring -- they used horse manure for signal fires. The more poop they burned - the thicker the smoke - and it signified how large the incoming enemies troops were, so the villages would know how many men to send.

I thought that was pretty cool!
                      I could help with that...I'm full of shite!
                      The name's Tamora...TVR Tamora...with a capital "T".

Lots of living to do yet unseen and a more stories yet untold!

Comment

• Originally posted by Tamora View Post
                        I think you'll just get more tunnels. Seems impossible to get Mexico to pay, unless Trump is planning to recoup the costs with import taxes and whatnot.

What's he gonna do to force them to pay? Water board them?
                        The idea seems to be import duties on Mexican products . In other words the US consumer will pay .

Comment

• Actually the US consumers may choose a different product. Hell they may even choose something made in America which may cost a bit more but I bet you the quality is better.

And if I as a consumer have to pay a bit more to keep an American worker working that is something I should do.
                          The world's still a toy if you just stay a boy!

Comment

• In my best senile, Alzheimer's, quavering voice, Mr. Gorbachev tear down that wall. Hahahahaha sorry for the post, but Cusp did say.
                            ALL THE WAY WITH GOOD OLE JAY!

Comment

• Originally posted by CUSP82 View Post
                              Actually the US consumers may choose a different product. Hell they may even choose something made in America which may cost a bit more but I bet you the quality is better.

And if I as a consumer have to pay a bit more to keep an American worker working that is something I should do.
                              It might be more than a bit if you choose American Cusp, but I applaud your sentiment and I take it you can afford it . Of course many would choose the Chinese product .

Comment

• Many Americans are cheap and selfish and don't really care who they put out of work, as long as it's not them, buy buying products from overseas. When they lose their jobs because no one is buying what they made because they can be made cheaper elsewhere they are the first to cry unfair.

Many of the trade deals made by this country were just plain stupid.
                                The world's still a toy if you just stay a boy!

Comment

Working...
                                X