Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dancing

Hey guys and girls,

I really don't know how to dance. The music typically played at social venues is generally rap or hip hop. This makes sense, since it's modern and popular, but my radio has been dialed into classic rock for years now. I barely know any of the popular songs or artists, and I'm okay with that. We can all have personal preferences.

When I go out I fully intend on dancing with women that I meet. What are some basic pointers?

Thanks,
    ThirdArm
    Last edited by ThirdArm; 04-23-2012, 07:09 PM. Reason: detail
    I am no longer an active member on the PEGym.
    Nice Guy blog posts

"It's either 6:15 or Mickey has a hard-on" - George Carlin

Basic pointers as in what? How to dance? Not sure what you mean.

And I get what you're saying musically, today's music sucks...........I can dance to just about anything but some of these rap songs? Hell no......
    It's a tough job being good looking and hung :-)

Comment

Yes. Just how to get started really. I'm practical enough to realize that you can't learn this kind of skill in a short period of time, or from reading on a forum (solely). But maybe someone can tell me how not to look stupid. Perhaps there are even a few simple moves I can do.
      Nice Guy blog posts

Comment

Originally posted by ThirdArm View Post
        Yes. Just how to get started really. I'm practical enough to realize that you can't learn this kind of skill in a short period of time, or from reading on a forum (solely). But maybe someone can tell me how not to look stupid. Perhaps there are even a few simple moves I can do.
        I just go with the music beat and let my body do it's own thing............I don't have any "moves" per say. Then again, I'm a white dude and dance like one.....lol
        It's a tough job being good looking and hung :-)

Comment

Just do what I do. Get a drink from the bar, tip the bartender well and enjoy your drink while you watch HER dance. Tell her it's much more enjoyable for you to watch her and quite a turn on, actually.

Comment

Originally posted by malehanger View Post
            Just do what I do. Get a drink from the bar, tip the bartender well and enjoy your drink while you watch HER dance. Tell her it's much more enjoyable for you to watch her and quite a turn on, actually.
            I figure you're talking about a girl you already know?

Sorry, in an effort to be brief I left out some info. I'm going to a social venue with some single friends. We probably won't know any of the women there. If I don't dance with them, some other guy probably will. Honestly, I'd rather chat and get to know her initially, but I can't turn down dancing entirely (I don't think) without making these women feel bad.
            Nice Guy blog posts

Comment

I guess I'm the type to avoid social situations where I am made to feel like I "have to" do anything to impress the opposite sex.

Comment

dude, have fun with it. show her your ego doesnt own you. go out there and make an ass out of yourself and love every minute of it. she'll be thinking a) this guys funny b) hes got balls c) hes confident enough to not be concerned about other peoples perceptions of him.

and you can use it as bragging rights in a joking way later on in the night.

Comment

Originally posted by ThirdArm View Post
                  Hey guys and girls,

I really don't know how to dance. The music typically played at social venues is generally rap or hip hop. This makes sense, since it's modern and popular, but my radio has been dialed into classic rock for years now. I barely know any of the popular songs or artists, and I'm okay with that. We can all have personal preferences.

When I go out I fully intend on dancing with women that I meet. What are some basic pointers?

Thanks,
                  If you're white don't bother trying, we all look stupid while trying to dance to hip-hop

Your safest bet is to just bounce, or follow malehanger's advice and sit back and enjoy the view

EDIT: What is the "social venue" that you are going to? if it is a nightclub it is easy, just grind, like having sex in clothes while standing up, simple
                  Padawan787
                  Moderator Reserve
                  PEGym Hero
                  Last edited by Padawan787; 04-24-2012, 09:55 AM.
                  My progress log

Comment

Thanks for your advice, guys.

Padawan, it's somewhere between a pub and a night club, I think. Music, dancing and drinking. Probably some places to sit down and chat (not sure how loud the music will be though).

Maybe if I just hold on to her hips and move with her it'll be better than nothing.
                    Nice Guy blog posts

Comment

Dancing comes with practice. There are some good videos on youtube you can watch that will give you some ideas. You can practice in the privacy of your room.
                      "Know the rules well, so that you may properly break them" - The Dalai Lama
                      Do not criticize the seed for not yet being a tree.
                      Character is destiny - Sigmund Freud
                      As long as I have breath in my lungs, I will make this happen

Comment

Originally posted by Toadstool View Post
                        Dancing comes with practice. There are some good videos on youtube you can watch that will give you some ideas. You can practice in the privacy of your room.
                        a major key is hip visualization. movement needs to start at the hips, but if you cant visualize fluid hip motion then they will be rigid and you will look rigid.

start in your room...here a quick link on hip mobility. practice some of these exercises. they will loosen your hips before you dance in your room and also help develop the proprioception needed to be a good dancer. How to Improve Hip Mobility | Mark's Daily Apple

all dancing is feeling/living in the moment, and being loose enough to accommodate your body in the moves it wants to make

Comment

Look up "how to dance to rap music".I'm sure you'll have a good laugh.I sure did!
                          Imagination expands the mind

Comment

YouTube dance tutorials. There's a couple basic dance starter sets you can watch. Remember not to watch your feet.
                            Funny, I've been doing this for years, now I'm doing it the right way!
                            Age 18, 1998 - 5.25
                            10.2010 - BPEL - 6+
                            12.2010 - BPEL - 6.6
                            04.2011 - BPEL - 6.9
                            Going for length but girth is getting great.

Comment

Honestly, if you two hit it off, why not just be a man per se and tell her it's not really your scene. Tell her you'd rather go somewhere else for some one on one conversation. Maybe suggest a coffee place or a restaurant for some salads and an appetizer? You don't "have to" do anything to impress a woman in my opinion. Most seem to respect honesty over pretending to be someone you're not. If dancing isn't your thing, just say so.

Comment

Working...
                              X