No announcement yet.

Breaks, deconditioning and relate issues

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This is a great topic. Thanks for keeping it out front. Sorry I can't add much, but I'm definitely interested in what is said here.
    Start (01/01/18) BPEL=6.25, MEG=5.00
    12/03/18 BPEL=7.25, MEG=5.00
    Restart (12/01/21) BPEL=6.50, MEG=5.125
    Current BPEL=6.50, MEG=5.125
    Next Goal BPEL=7.00 MEG = 5.50

Comment

Originally posted by Road28 View Post
      Sorry but I have a hijack question: what if I stopped PE completely for a full year? Will my penis transform back to the original size via natural cell division?
      It isn't supposed to, at least according to anecdotal evidence presented here in the 'Gym.
      If you plan to break that long, cement first and see how it goes.
      03/2015 Start <Able to last ~ 2 mins PIV>
      Thread
      12/2019 EL: +2.2 MEG: +1 <Able to last 60+ mins PIV>

Comment

Originally posted by WantMore12 View Post
        This is a great topic. Thanks for keeping it out front. Sorry I can't add much, but I'm definitely interested in what is said here.
        Just a note: Flaccid hang has gained more than a quarter inch since starting my break.
        I did a measure at the end of December. Did stretched flaccid, flaccid and flaccid girth.
        I had noticed my flaccid hang was different, so did a measure. Definite increase. Measure on three different occasions.
        Thread

Comment

Noticed something this morning.

I am doing a basic warm up and stretch each day.
          As part of it I do a two handed squeeze.

I grip the penis with both hands, overhand grip, and squeeze 30 times. I do not stretch it out fully, just enough to get both hands on it.

Back when I started I had one hand on the shaft and the second hand only two fingers below the glans.
          A while back I noticed that I was able to have one hand fully on shaft with three fingers on the other hand below glans.
          Today I noticed I have two hands fully behind the glans.
          Thread

Comment

While doing beginner's JP90, if I take a 1-2 week break, can such deconditioning break cause a plateau where I have to recondition my unit to see gains again?
            My gains have been really minimal. Maybe 3mm (0.12 inches) in 3 months, even though I have been fairly consistent.

Comment

Originally posted by supermeatboy View Post
              While doing beginner's JP90, if I take a 1-2 week break, can such deconditioning break cause a plateau where I have to recondition my unit to see gains again?
              My gains have been really minimal. Maybe 3mm (0.12 inches) in 3 months, even though I have been fairly consistent.
              Once you have hit a plateau with the JP90 you just step it up to an advanced exercises or routine, there is no need to take a break. You are going to hit plateaus along the way and you will need to step it up in increments each time to kick start the gains again. If you hit a plateau the you can't seem to break no matter what you try then that is when you should consider taking a deconditioning break.
              To totally satisfy a woman sexually is not about having a large penis, it's about being a good lover.

Comment

Originally posted by supermeatboy View Post
                I'm curious, do you need to take a break or are you considering taking a break to try and shake things up a bit?

I do not think a break would cause a plateau, per say, but it may set you back a bit in terms of your overall condition.

Not every one makes gains at the same speed. I went 6 months without noticeable gains. However, that six months got my erection into good shape, then when I started to do more advanced exercises I started to see steady gains.
                Thread

Comment

Ok, break time is over.

Four weeks of taking it easy.
                  First week nothing at all.
                  3-4th did some basic stretching and edging.

Here are my take aways...

In terms of penile health:
                  As I mentioned, the first week was interesting. Incredible morning wood and flaccid hang was impressive. Also as mentioned, when measured I noted an increase of a 1/4 inch in flaccid length from the previous month.

The second week I started with some exercise, and things went well, but I got sick and had to work alot, so I did note that morning wood was less and the flaccid hang was less springy. I am not sure if that is attributed to going off PE, or the fever/cough/head cold/work combination.

Edging was fine, able to get hard easily and quickly, even being sick the EQ was always healthy. One evening I did a quick measure to see where I was at, but as usual the darned erection is measurement shy, so at about an EQ of 9 I am still at 8.5 x 6.35.
                  Gauging by my wifes reactions, I think the girth may be higher when fully engorged. One time when fully hard I compared to an 8.5 inch can of deodorant and the erection was peeking out over the top. So, I think the rest has helped, but not verified proof. Frankly, I am not all that worried about the stats anymore. The feel has become more important to me, and it feels good.

As for premature ejaculation:
                  When I finally had a chance to test it out, no adverse effects from the time off. Every time we had a chance a nooky I was rock hard in an instant, no difficulty with premature ejaculation (exactly the opposite, as I have outlined in another thread). Each time after the erection would not fade for at least 10 minutes, even without stimulation. Indeed, even the one time sex lasted long enough for me to ejaculate, the erection did not fade for at least 10 minutes. That has not happened before. Way back, once or twice, it stuck around for a few minutes, but that was after much longer sessions.
                  In fact, I feel that my PONR has moved back as compared to a month or two ago. When edging I can stay in that sweet spot of a 9 or 9.5 EQ and keep the excitement at an 8. Unfortunately have not really been able to test it with longer intercourse attempts, but that us another story.

Summing up:
                  This week I started back into regular PE work outs. I am just working on some stretching and straightening, not on girth for the time being. The result of getting back in has been good. My erection does not feel fatigues anymore. I can do 4 10 minute sessions a day of PE and it is feeling good. Before the break by the end of the day it was sore, even on a Tuesday. So far so good.

I think had I not gotten sick the break may have had a different feel to it. All in all, I think it was good to have the time off. Seems to me that a full week away from any kind of PE is good. Then some time to ease back in, just keeping it healthy. I will have a month now before my school semester starts here in the ROK, and as the wife and son are going to be out of the house I plan to do a bit more intense work. I'll see how it all goes.
                  incogneeetoe
                  Member of the Month Sept 2017
                  *Special Appreciated Moderator Nov. 2021*
                  PEGym Hero
                  Last edited by incogneeetoe; 01-30-2018, 10:36 PM.
                  Thread

Comment

Continuing my rumination on breaks:

I am into the second week post break. I have been able to do more intense PE work.

I note that my penis feels better to be exercised.
                    • More elastic and firm than the last week or so of the break.
                    • Erections are very good, and easily achieved.
                    • Even at an 8.5 to 9 in terms of excitement my EQ is impressive.
                    • Morning wood has been waking me up with its strength.

My conclusion is that, for me at least, a week or two of a break is good for overall penile health, but longer does not make it better.
                    Getting back on an exercise regime after the break is equally as good for penile health.
                    I experienced the same sorts of positive PIs at the start of my break as at the restart of my exercise.

Over the past few years I have mostly gone 6+ months without a break, then a week or two off, maximum. This year I will do 3~4 months with a week off between.
                    Thread

Comment

Another thought about breaks:

I was able to do a good two weeks of regular PE, including Jelging, Uli and Squeezes in the routine. Plus edging.
                      At the end of the two week period I was happy with the overall feel of my erections, EQ wise.
                      Then last week I had a three day forced break from PE as I was attending an academic conference. My wife was staffing the event, so our son was along for the ride. Three days in a hotel room, so no PE related work at all.

The Friday and Saturday I was able to get back to routine. Friday just stretching, Edging then Jelqing. The resulting erection for the edging was super hard.
                      Saturday I was home alone most of the day, so did regular routine plus some Uli and later edging. The edging erection was, again, massively hard. So much so that I felt it later and the next day. I stretched myself with that erection.

Leads me to wonder if the two weeks intense then short break is a way to go about this.
                      Thread

Comment

Did a good month (March) of regular intensive PE and Edging. For 5 weeks I did 4 days a week of intense work, with 5 or 6 days of edging. Edging I skipped Sundays, for PE it was M-W-F-S.
                        Then last week I took a break week. It was a really busy week for work, etc. So the timing was right. I did a stretch in the morning, about 10 mins, then nothing all day and some edging at night, but only M-W-F.

Last week, during the "break" I did not notice much impact on my penis. The flaccid hang is good, and the overall feel is fine, but no "aha" or "wow" results from taking it easy. Though, yesterday, I started in with some regular exercises. Did some warming up, gripped the "flaccid" penis with both hands, overhand grip, as if holding a baseball bat, one hand next to the other. I am able to place both hands comfortable below the head, which seems pretty good.

Then I went 3 days without edging. The last two days morning wood has been intense enough to wake me up. Unable to lie on my stomach. Generally speaking I get some morning wood. I am superficially aware of it while sleeping, but it does not wake me. These last two days, however, the intensity of the erection woke me up.
                        Thread

Comment

Embarking on a two week break.

Been 9 weeks since last break.
                          Been 8 weeks on a curve correcting mission.

Will have a one month intensive summer PE plan.

Need to break before engaging in my summer plan.

I am also going to experiment with supplements these two weeks. Going off Ginseng, Green Tea and Ginkgo for the two weeks. Will continue with garlic as it is hard to avoid and ginger as I use it for a healthy tummy, too.
                          Going to try turmeric for a couple of weeks and some daily maca. Any thoughts on what supplements to take during a healing break?

Any new thoughts on breaks in general?
                          Thread

Comment

Ok, so no thoughts on breaks...

How about what to do when doing a break.
                            I am not doing any PE nor edging, so suddenly find myself with an extra hour or so of time each day...what do you do with the extra time?
                            Thread

Comment

I've done enough research to know that a 7-10 day break every 2-3 months is ideal for PE and a large number of experienced PE'ers have gained immediately following a decon break.

What to do with your hour?

- exercise
                              - meditate
                              - prepare meals for the following day(s)
                              - hobby
                              - donate an hour every day/other day to your community (feeding the homeless, picking up trash, cleaning up a beach)
                              Original/Current Stats:
                              09 / 2017: BPEL 6.75" / NBPEL 6" / MEG 4.75" / BPFSL 7.25"
                              09 / 2019: BPEL 7.625" / NBPEL 6.625" / MEG 5" / BPFSL 8.125"

Realistic Goals:
                              BPEL 8" / NBPEL 7.0" / MEG 5.25"

Comment

I already do exercise, meditation, meals and have a hobby or two...

I just have a hard time not exercising. I automatically plan my day around it to allow for morning stretches and evening edging, etc.

Well, one week just bout done. Next week I will get back to edging then on to a PE routine the week after.
                                Thread

Comment

Working...
                                X