I propose a new term

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I propose a new term

EQ means erection quality. Good EQ means strong, persistent erections, and no problem getting them. So EQ is really geared towards describing an erect penis - or in the case of Bad/Low EQ, a man who wants to make his penis erect.

And yet, we use the same term to describe the erection percentage for jelqing - when the penis is NOT supposed to be erect, but instead in a floppy flaccid tumescent state.

These are two entirely different concepts, and our usage of the term EQ for both of them causes confusion. You see, in first case higher EQ is always better. In the second, we usually seek middle ground between flaccid and erect. Bottom line is that these are two entirely different situations, and to communicate effectively we must use language that reflects this.

I propose that we update our terminology and begin to use the term EP or E% (erection percentage) for jelqing. We must reserve EQ as a term that describes the results of our workouts, but NOT as a term to describe the state our penis is in during a workout.

This is just my opinion. I formed it because it makes sense and my intention is to reduce confusion.

Even if EP/E% isn't the best way to phrase the new term (I'm open to suggestions), I think is has to be different from EQ.

Let's open this up to discussion.
    I am no longer an active member on the PEGym.
    Nice Guy blog posts

"It's either 6:15 or Mickey has a hard-on" - George Carlin

ThirdArm, what you propose does make sense. I like the E% when referring to the level of erect state.

I usually vary my level when jelqing, do 100 jelqs at 30-40 E% and then do another 100 jelqs at 70 to 80 E%. Does that explain it clearly?

Comment

When describing engorgement or chubness in the case of jelqing, let's do away with the word/accronym EQ completely.

Comment

I had this already outlined in my Log somewhere in the 45 pages of it LOL! I use Percentage of erection to denote how close i am to the maximum erection I am capable of (typically 75-85% is my max everyday 100 rarely and 110% is the super painfully hard erection that's once in a blue moon)

EQ is how stiff it is, to me. I have an incredible stiff penis even if my percentage is down around 55-65% And that's specifically because my kegels are powerful. I can kegel my penis to be damn near unbendable, and when I release the kegel it's floppy and it's pretty low on the percentage scale

Comment

Sounds like a much better terminology to me ThirdArm! Anything that will make things that little bit easier to understand for new members

Comment

I'm with you on this ThirdArm; I like the accronyms EP/E% too, but let's drop the word 'erect' completely and use your words 'engorgement percentage' or possibly CQ meaning 'chub quality.'

Comment

Yeah I like it, reduces any confusion people may have.
              Don't give up!
              My Progress Log

Make money while you PE!

Comment

Alright, I like the responses. Thank you for your input so far.

LOL @ somebodyelse. Glad I'm not the only one to think this way, man.

Let's keep the % sign, since it's so self-explanatory. No guess-work for newbies.

Angus might be on to something regarding the 'E'...Technically we are measuring erection percentage, so factually E% makes sense, but linguistically we might be able to do better. I REALLY like 'engorgement percentage'...maybe lower-case e? e% to differentiate from EQ?

C% (chub percentage) might do it, although it sounds somewhat unofficial and kind of casual for a term that will likely be used somewhat frequently. Let's keep brainstorming. We could call is J%, since it'll be most frequently used to describe the level of engorgement during jelqing, but that would render the term irrelevant if we needed to use it in reference to any other exercise.
                Nice Guy blog posts

Comment

On behalf of the guys with ED who can't even wank anymore because they cannot achieve an erection or even a percentage, please don't consider any chub unofficial or casual. A chub/partial/simi or whatever one decides to call it, is sometimes the only thing that keeps a desperate man sane. This is our only ability; it is all we got!

Comment

I'm all for this, I've thought that EQ didn't really make sense for describing percent for jelqing ever since I started! Nice post hopefully we can make this official
                    PEGym Theme Song: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RH76tfDxm7Y

Comment

Makes sense. I've always used percentage to describe my state when jelqing. good post.
                      On a break from the forum
                      imac's Phallosan Forte Progress Log
                      Pelvic Floor Balance
                      Confusion With Reverse Kegels

Reverse Kegel Breathing (Meditative Reverse Kegels)

Comment

I know this seems like a poll situation, but I don't necessarily just want to pick what's popular. I want to pick what's most sensible.

Right now here are our main choices in no special order.
                        1. EP
                        2. E%
                        3. e%
                        4. CP
                        5. C%

Certainly welcome to more ideas, though.
                        Nice Guy blog posts

Comment

Honestly, and I know i'm being lazy, I wouldn't advocate anything that has a "%" sign in it as I rarely use that key and actually had to look for it on my keyboard

I know that I would just revert to typing EQ instead of looking for the percentage key. And yes, I realise that I am extremely lazy and this post may seem frivolous but I doubt that i'm alone

I vote for EP
                          My progress log

Comment

Hey I haven't learned the old terms yet and you guys want to change them? Oh well! ( but a good idea)
                            The world's still a toy if you just stay a boy!

Comment

I like option 6, eP.

e, to differentiate from Erection to Engorgement, and P since % is a bit awkward to type.
                              Pre-PE
                              BPEL = 6.0", EG = 4.6", V = 10.10 sq"

Current (10/7/14)

BPEL = 6.75", EG = 4.75", V = 12.12 sq"
                              ( 20% Increase)

Goal
                              7.5x5.25 or 16.45 sq"
                              (63% increase)

Comment

Working...
                              X