This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ThrowAway99 View Post
    The issue that I see is that sitting also causes additional problems on thrusting muscles that we use during sex. Hamstrings and hip flexors tighten up, glutes deteriorate... the hindi squat, as we've said, is mostly a stretching exercise. I'd propose to add to the 'program', some bridge exercises (pictured kneeling here) with RANGE OF MOTION. Lets say ~25 reps, every other day, along with the few minutes that people spend squatting a day: http://redefiningstrength.com/wp-con...ing-bridge.png
    Agreed hip flexor tightness and glute inactivation seem to be present in most cases of PreE.
    Nerdy Stuff for PreE Beginners

Comment

Some interesting thoughts about the sacrum and glutes and there impact on the pelvic floor.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IOoTC9DpB3k

Hindi squats may be beneficial as much for the glute activation as the stretch.

Comment

There are other squat forms that can also be used for glute activation.

Comment

Originally posted by SoftMmoStillPe View Post
          Agreed hip flexor tightness and glute inactivation seem to be present in most cases of PreE.
          I am a huge believer in hip flexor tightness being a cause for a whole host of issues. Especially with low back and pelvic floor issues. The tight hip flexor is also mentioned in countless health articless as a link to why glute s don't activate as well as they should. This in it's self is a huge rabbit whole and area of I won't get into. But it's neat seeing the links in the chain and how everything works.

From reading a lot and my own experience some people seem to feel all the stretch in the hip flexors when squatting and I think it makes it hard for people to feel a good pelvic floor stretch. I think a hip flexor stretch before squatting not only helps you improve your squat, but also helps address a possible root for tightness to prevent the tightness from happening in the first place.

Comment

Do you have any hip flexor stretches you like spoon?

Comment

I'm currently doing the child pose to help my tight hip flexors, and I feel a good stretch doing it

Comment

I would have thought more along the lines of lunge ,cobra pose ,up dog, front splits.

Comment

Here is some yoga style stretches for hip flexor.

https://www.google.com.au/url?sa=t&r...NqdDe2Q0qS_g4w

Comment

I like the frog stretch especially because its like a modified missionary so it seems applicable to what we do.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O1x7PH9S_Aw

Comment

Soft you might be onto something with that frog stretch. https://www.onnit.com/academy/best-h...your-squat-pr/

Basically it said what I said earlier. Doing hip flexor stretching before squat can help improve your ROM. Thus improving from my experience the effect of the squat has on the pelvic floor. These guys are serious strength coaches, and more validation to it.

Comment

Originally posted by Pegasus View Post
                        Do you have any hip flexor stretches you like spoon?
                        I do mainly basic hip kneeling hip flexor stretches. Though it is one that is very commonly taught and done wrong. I know I just commented on that frog stretch but that is something I seriously want to out sometime in.

Comment

Does one need a warm up before these stretches? I tend to feel sore and strung in my hips afterwards.

Comment

There are other squat forms that can also be used for glute activation.
                            True but in the below parallel position of the the gluteus maximus becomes the pelvic floor. We are eccentrically contracting it every time we breathe AND stretching the pelvic floor at the same time.

Comment

Originally posted by SoftMmoStillPe View Post
                              True but in the below parallel position of the the gluteus maximus becomes the pelvic floor. We are eccentrically contracting it every time we breathe AND stretching the pelvic floor at the same time.
                              The effect on the glute is far stronger in weighted squats so is the pelvic floor strengthing effect . Overhead squats have a strong pelvic floor strength effect . Balance squats have a unique and worthy effect

Comment

The effect on the glute is far stronger in weighted squats so is the pelvic floor strengthing effect . Overhead squats have a strong pelvic floor strength effect . Balance squats have a unique and worthy effect
                                That is why the unweighted below parallel position is so beneficial.

Comment

Working...
                                X