Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What do you guys think of this "happy baby pose" as a way to stretch the pelvic floor?

I linked and attached the pic.

https://i.imgur.com/i0GjBmV.jpg
    Attached Files

Comment

It is sort of an upside down squat.

Comment

When I do the Hindi squat, at times I feel like I am pushing my bunghole out...

Is this errrr "normal"?

Comment

It is normal to feel stretch through the pelvic area .

Comment

Has anyone considered holding a weight while doing the hindi squat for a deeper stretch?

Comment

Originally posted by stew View Post
              Has anyone considered holding a weight while doing the hindi squat for a deeper stretch?
              There are issues with this .

The unweighted and relaxed nature of hindi squat means little core stabilisation is needed . This allows the pelvic floor to turn off as it is not required for stability . Thus the stretch is better activated. I have thought on this and am sometimes concerned about guys with a lot of body weight trying to turn off the pelvic floor might be somewhat susceptible to injury . However came to the conclusion I was being paranoid.

I have done weighted bottom end squats in wide stance there is a lot of pelvic floor activation.

Comment

Originally posted by Pegasus View Post
                There are issues with this .

The unweighted and relaxed nature of hindi squat means little core stabilisation is needed . This allows the pelvic floor to turn off as it is not required for stability . Thus the stretch is better activated. I have thought on this and am sometimes concerned about guys with a lot of body weight trying to turn off the pelvic floor might be somewhat susceptible to injury . However came to the conclusion I was being paranoid.

I have done weighted bottom end squats in wide stance there is a lot of pelvic floor activation.
                That makes sense, it seems like after i do a hindi squat session (unweighted) the rest of the day i keep doing kegels. I have to catch myself and counter with RK's. Is this common

Comment

After doing squats for a long time I have found advanced hindi squat stuff like the ido portal routine really made a difference in my PE. I I can sit in a hindi squat, lean forward touch my forehead to the ground while keeping my heels flat after months of practicing . That's quite a bit extreme pushing it, but only pushing it did I seem to benefit from squats. I used to do long sitting, meditate RK and they helped some but it wasn't until , I found these harder variations, and that made a big difference and for me more effective and efficient than just adding more time in the standard squat. Not that standard isn't beneficial to do, but I think for some doing the more progressive advanced stuff could be more benefical.

Comment

Originally posted by stew View Post
                    That makes sense, it seems like after i do a hindi squat session (unweighted) the rest of the day i keep doing kegels. I have to catch myself and counter with RK's. Is this common
                    When I stretch out a tensed up area afterwards it can nark and spasm . This is very common .

Comment

Hi, I've heard people recommend doing Hindu squats but when people talk about it they say they do it for 10 minutes. Are they doing this :
                      https://youtu.be/vw2OT_-M8ek?t=36
                      Reps for 10 minutes, or are they doing 1 squat and holding it for 10 minutes? Thanks
                      Biggest Goal : Fight my Premature Ejac
                      I BEAT IT! :D https://www.pegym.com/forums/prematu...ml#post1651959

BPEL : 18.5 (7.2 IN) X MEG : 11.7 CM (4.6 IN) Stretched Flaccid : 7.75in

Goal: 8inch BP X 5.5in Girth

Comment

Originally posted by Couchdog View Post
                        Hi, I've heard people recommend doing Hindu squats but when people talk about it they say they do it for 10 minutes. Are they doing this :
                        https://youtu.be/vw2OT_-M8ek?t=36
                        Reps for 10 minutes, or are they doing 1 squat and holding it for 10 minutes? Thanks
                        No they are done as per the link in post 1 this thread.

Comment

They recommend a Hindi squat, not a hindu squat. They are two different things. It's confusing as it seems like an interchangeable word, and autocorrect always changes Hindi to hindu.

Comment

Originally posted by Spoonman84 View Post
                            They recommend a Hindi squat, not a hindu squat. They are two different things. It's confusing as it seems like an interchangeable word, and autocorrect always changes Hindi to hindu.
                            Mother of god. I never even noticed that because of auto correct too lol. Thanks

Comment

Common mistake . The hindu squat is often used by indian wrestlers , The hindi squat is a yoga move .

Comment

Originally posted by Pegasus View Post
                                Common mistake . The hindu squat is often used by indian wrestlers , The hindi squat is a yoga move .
                                I'm doing the Hindi squat right now and was wondering how long should I be trying to hold it for if it hurts really bad? Should I be shooting for as long as I can or reps of say 1-2 minutes?
                                Also should I be doing RK's while I do this?
                                Couchdog
                                Last edited by Couchdog; 04-17-2018, 07:30 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X