No announcement yet.

Blink2000's Progress Journal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Congrats on the gains man! Keep up the great work!
    My log
    Starting - 6 Feb 2010: BPEL 5.6"; MEG 4.7"
    Current - 14 Aug 2010: BPEL 6.2"; MEG 4.9"
    Current Goal - BPEL 6.7"; MEG 5.1"

Comment

• Originally posted by fisch28 View Post
      Wow man, quite a log you got here. Love your story in the beginning. Best of luck to you, noticed you already got some gains coming, right on man!
      Originally posted by gosh View Post
      Congrats on the gains man! Keep up the great work!
      Thank you both

Originally posted by Guillotine01a View Post
      Hey Blink. I just started hanging. I was wondering how long you have been hanging for and how long it took you get up to your weight? I actually started hanging two days ago. I don't feel any fatigue afterwards but it is advised to wait a week before jumping in weight. When you say split set do you mean when you split a 20 minute set into two 10 minute ones?
      This is all explained in my log. I started hanging in 2008.

About your other question:
      Read hanging 101 to get started on hanging. Once you read that, let me know if you still have questions.
      blink2000
      Last edited by blink2000; 08-27-2010, 11:45 PM.
      My progress journal / useful PE links

Comment

• Routine (2 days ago):
        Rest Day

Routine (1 day ago):
        5x sets 7.5lbs

Comment

• Blink's Extender

Blink's Extender

I just finished creating my own little extender.

It's based on 2x recipes:
          1-Advanced Homemade Extender (Slimguy )
          2-The Captains Wench
          3-And then I added a 3rd item: "Gold's Gym Waist Trimmer Belt". This item has velcro on it & can stick to itself. It almost feels like wetsuit material but much thinner and softer, with a rubbery sticky side & a softer cloth side.

I built #1, then replaced the noose with #2 (the captains wench). Then I just wrap with a strip of #3 then strap in with the wench.
          I of course had to do a few other modifications. When I have time I'll test it & if it's worthwhile (it seems very comfortable so far!), I'll share it with everyone. Just a cheap, sort of easy stretcher.

Comment

• Dude, AWESOME!!! I need to communicate with you about an idea! Email me!!

Comment

• Wow, what you did there with the extender idea...it's awesome.

I made a captn's wench and didn't even think how wonderful it would work connected to an extender!
              https://www.pegym.com/forums/progres...-8x6-25-a.html <-- log
              1/1/2010 (7/7/10)
              BPEL: 6.5 +.5
              EG: 5 at mid, 5.25 at base
              FL: 3.5-4.5
              BPFSL: 6.75 +.25
              BPXL: 6.5 +1

Comment

• Yeah, I think the wench is completely superior to a generic velcro strap. And it turned out, the captains wench was quite easy to make. It was easy to find the parts too.

The extender was hard though--there's a lot of drilling, cutting with a saw, and filing/sanding to smooth things out. I ended up buying the wrong kind of spring-- so this thing needs work still... I might wait until I fix a few issues (make it spring loaded, etc first) before I upload the picture.

Comment

• Problem:
                  My dick was unsually sore after a new max weight about a week ago. I took a few rest days, but it just seemed I was getting extreme attachment point soreness. I just figured out today my back hexnut was very, very loose--and it turns out this was the culprit that sabotaged my hanging. The bad technique probably put me near injury, which is why I was compelled to take the rest days (or at least I was sore enough to find things at an intolerable risk level). There's no visible damage whatsoever; the only clue was that I was only able to hang a fraction of my normal weight. It seems today's hanging is spoiled by this also--since my first few sets were with settings that were creating a bit of a 'noose' effect & putting way too much pressure towards the front of my shaft. I wasn't getting lig soreness lately-- Anyway, its possible there's another cause; however, my best guess is that my rear hexnut was somehow loose for a while (I 'checked', but I guess my cursory inspection was not enough).

Cause:
                  The rear hexnut was loose, this created a noose effect & unusual pressure at the front of my shaft. Once I fixed this, my hanging weight went up (you can't see it since I don't show every set, but trust me on that).

Here's a summary of my routine lately:
                  22-Aug-10 6x sets, 9.5lbs max
                  23-Aug-10 6x sets, 7.5lbs max, (7lbs split set)
                  24-Aug-10 6x sets, 9lbs max
                  25-Aug-10 5x sets, 7.5lbs max
                  26-Aug-10 rest day
                  27-Aug-10 5x sets, 7.5lbs max
                  28-Aug-10 rest day
                  29-Aug-10 5x sets, 7.5lbs max
                  30-Aug-10 5x sets, 7.5lbs max
                  31-Aug-10 5x sets, 7.5lbs max

Normally, after a rest day, my max weight always increased. This was my first hint that something was wrong. On the bright side, the rest days pumped my EQ back up & I've had stronger morning wood lately. However, my morning wood EQ is still on the low side. (my normal erections are decent, but my morning wood is a bit weak). My morning wood appears to be on an upward trend at least.

Hopefully I'll get in my 6th split set today; I'm sure it will help gains so I'm going to try & be more consistent with my split sets.

Comment

• I would love to know every component factor that affects morning wood. I notice fluctuations throughout any given month. I believe depth of sleep, food eaten, stress levels, what the next day demands are, days since last ejaculation & testosterone levels all play a role.
                    Vulcan
                    7.25 (start July 2009)>>>>>>8.125"BPEL (current)
                    5.25 (start July 2009)>>>>>>5.75"EG (current)

Comment

• When I don't PE I don't get morning wood at all. I realized this after I came back to PE--I couldn't remember the last time I had morning wood. I think the supplements help too. I take the 5g's now among several other things (its in my 3rd post on the 1st page of this thread).

My morning wood came back with 2 factors
                      1-PE
                      2-supplements (thanks to kingpole & to you [Vulcan] for the advice you've given me on this)

Green tea (which had acai, blueberry & a few other things) with a little honey gave me morning wood the next day. Since then I've been taking supplements & the morning wood is becoming more & more frequent.

Comment

• Hey blink!

This log is aweseome!

Reading your's and millia's logs makes me want to hang. Eventually.

I'm the same age as you and also have a PE supportive wife, which is awesome. How is it going with the P90X? Been looking at that myself, but live in an apartment and am not sure if it's neighbor-safe or not - would you say it is?

I've also used EVO and thought it was OK, but a dread to make. I found Bio Oil through these forums (don't remember who should get the credit) and for me personally it works better (and the wife likes the smell/taste better). Just a tip and maybe an alternative, easy to find through a Google search (bought mine on eBay though).
                        "History, despite its wrenching pain, cannot be unlived, but if faced with courage, need not be lived again."
                        - Maya Angelou

Comment

• Ah very cool. I like hearing that I'm not the only middle age guy here

I've noticed your log as well--I've been slowly getting around to reading people's logs here. For the life of me I can't figure out what your picture is there (is that from a movie?).

For P90x, actually I live in an apartment too and my neighbor below has only banged once--and I'm on week 7. Ok, well at least I only noticed once! The majority of the time there's no problem, there's just a bit of jumping on the plyometrics day--that's what caused the banging.

For EVO oil, I'm lucky; my wife helped me a lot. Speaking of that... she's having a bad day, I better figure out how to cheer her up!

Comment

• Haha, yeah that picture is from Twin Peaks, one of my favorite TV series of all times... the little red dwarf and actually a sculpture covering his tiny dick in the background. Pure fun.

Seems like P90X will be doable in an apartment. We have already gotten visit from the neighbors due to sex noises, so I'm sure they can handle some more noise. But do you recommend it from a bodily/training/physical perspective?

Cheer her up? Write small notes, telling her why she's special to you, put them everywhere; bathroom mirror, her wardrobe, kitchen, inside dishwasher, under pillow, et c. My wife did that to me three months ago, took me a few days to find all the notes, got amazingly happy every time. Still have them where she put them.
                            "History, despite its wrenching pain, cannot be unlived, but if faced with courage, need not be lived again."
                            - Maya Angelou

Comment

• Wife:
                              You know what, I think I'll do that (leave notes around to cheer up the wife). I need to do something special for her; she's quite down lately. That might be just what she needs. I have done this kind of thing before, but its been way too long since I did it last!

P90x:
                              About P90x--it's an excellent way to start out. I think you can get in great shape doing it, more especially if you eat really healthy (I'm not doing their diet exactly, but my wife & I outlined a healthy way for me to eat that I can maintain/ stick with).

I've lost about 15 lbs so far with P90x, and I'm going to keep going until I'm in decent shape. After I finish this cycle of P90x, I'll try & do a 'collegiate' cycle of P90x (2 workouts a day). I'm not sure if I can find the time but I'll try... If I'm still not happy with it, I know there's other stuff out there like "Insanity" with Sean T. Supposedly that's pretty intense cardio. For me though, I've got pretty good muscle mass, so a session that involves at least some lifting causes me to actually burn fat pretty well.

Gained Mass Doing Things 'Wrong':
                              I've actually gained mass doing things "wrong". I would do 45 minutes of cardio at the gym, then lift for an hour & I did this for about a year to get in great shape (that's when I met my wife). What's funny is that while doing this, my strength literally doubled (actually, it was closer to 260% or something ridiculous like that).

With my dumbell flys I was doing lots of reps with what was formerly my maximum weight on bench during college! (When I weighed 160 in college, I benched 260). When I started getting in shape again (around the age of 32), I could only rep 100lbs with dumbell flys (about 50lbs per hand). I wasn't even trying to bulk up or anything, but I was doing 120lbs per hand about a year later (I was repping 240lbs on dumbell fly, sets of 10,12 whatever).

My strength gains were similar on every lift I was doing. On curls I went from doing 35lbs, up to 80lbs or 90lbs (per hand), so I went from curling 70lbs to around 170lbs. I honestly didn't think it was possible for me to get that strong.... I had it in my mind that since I was past 30 years old things were going to start going downhill...

Downhill after 25 years old?
                              I think all the people that say it's all downhill after 25 or 30 are just ignorant or stupid... I think Carl Lewis winning the 100 meter dash at the age of 35 is proof of that. I realize the body starts to deteriorate more after the age of 25, but I don't think people should feel like life is over once they pass a certain number. I actually admire how slyvester stallone is in incredible shape past the age of 60. Yes, I know he took HGH, but seriously, he looks to me like he's worked hard for the shape he's in. If it was that easy, all the other millionaire actors past the age of 60 would look like him. They don't though--

I hope to be like that--get in shape & stay in shape into my 60's & beyond. I know it can be done....
                              blink2000
                              Last edited by blink2000; 09-01-2010, 03:51 AM.

Comment

• I agree, it just takes REAL dedication & attention to detail.

Was Carl Lewis 35 in Seoul? Sometimes, I forget that he actually won that Gold because of what happened.
                                Vulcan
                                7.25 (start July 2009)>>>>>>8.125"BPEL (current)
                                5.25 (start July 2009)>>>>>>5.75"EG (current)

Comment

Working...
                                X