No announcement yet.

The Long Road Starts: Working2Grow's progress log

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hey, I'm coming back! So, I had a hectic time soon after my last post. My roommate decided to terminate our lease to move in with his gf, and I couldn't find a new place quickly enough. So I spent some time on friends' couches before finally finding a place of my own, just in time for a relative to come stay with me for a month. The result was I ended up barely being able to PE. I think on average I managed a couple of stretching only sessions a week. Some weeks were good and some really bad.

Over the last few weeks I've gotten back into a daily routine, and everything seems to be back where I left it (didn't really lose any length, didn't seem to have lost much conditioning, etc), so I decided to order the Bib Starter. It arrived in the mail, and after looking at it I was scared off! I decided, "I need a few more days of manual stretching before I'm ready for this contraption!" Last night I took the plunge and, following the directions on here and on bib's site, did my first hanging session. I haven't picked up any half pound weights yet, so I can't increase the weight (not that I'll need to for a while).

First session went: 3 sets of 20min each with 2.5 lbs. I used theraband, and while wrapping is still quite tricky I think I'll get the hang of it. I picked up some baby powder (which somewhere someone said would be useful between the wrap and the hanger), and some cocoa butter lotion with vit. e (which people have said is good for a number of reasons?). The first session was okay, it felt like I was getting a huge amount of stretch in my ligs, and I really didn't feel any skin stretch issues (I was expecting that to be all I felt at first). I'm hanging sitting down in a chair. Tonight I'll be doing my second session! So far no pain, and only very very minor short lived soreness. Even so, I'll be following the slow ramp up from the guides on here strictly (from memory its like 3 sets, 4 sets, ..., until you get to some # of sets and then starting to increase weight..).
    Current: BPEL: 6.9", NBPEL: 6.25", EG: 6.0", FL: 4.5"
    Short term goal: BPEL: 7.0, NBPEL: 6.25, EG:6.1, FL: 4.75
    Long term goal: BPEL:8.0, EG:6.25, FL: 5.0

Comment

About to start week 2 tomorrow! This week I've hung every day 3 sets of 20 minutes with 2.5 pounds. I do a very thorough warm up with a rice sock (probably 20min or more). My wrapping technique has gotten better, and I feel a really strong stretch in my ligs throughout my sets, so I know I'm hitting something right. I don't really feel 'fatigued' though. On my last set tonight I tried a little swinging (since I'm not allowed to increase weight for a while, and I'm not hitting fatigue I figured I should try something to up the intensity). And yes, a tiny swing does increase it quite a bit, really can feel the stretch in the ligs.

I still need to improve my hanger attachment. Sometimes my glans gets a bit discolored during the end of a set and I have a few times taken 10 second breaks in the middle of a set to get some blood back into the glans. I think as I improve attachment of the hanger I should be able to reduce this.
      Current: BPEL: 6.9", NBPEL: 6.25", EG: 6.0", FL: 4.5"
      Short term goal: BPEL: 7.0, NBPEL: 6.25, EG:6.1, FL: 4.75
      Long term goal: BPEL:8.0, EG:6.25, FL: 5.0

Comment

Working...
      X