SWOL routine

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SWOL routine

...or Sixrod's Way Of Life Routine, to come up with a catchy title.

This thread is mostly for myself to keep track of my routine & progress but feel free to comment. First something about me. Some may believe my exercises are rather extreme so just to let you know I'm no newbie to this stuff.

I first started exercising my penis back in 1999 when I found the Ezboard PE forum. I still remember my routine consisted strictly of jelqs and straight down manual stretches. Didn't monitor girth back then but BPEL went from 5.87 (hence my username) to 6.45 in 18 months (I couldn't remember the exact numbers but I posted it on *************, had to dig it up).

Then I plateued completely. Tried hanging with homemade devices with no luck. Bought the Bib hanger, no luck. Quit altogether after several months of zero progress. After quitting, when I cared to measure, BPEL fluctuated around 6 to 6.4, still didn't monitor girth. EQ has always been high for me, my erections pointing from 9 o'clock at worst to 11 o'clock at best. Oh, and I'm a grower, BTW. My flaccid improved significantly (could feel it pointing down instead of forward like before, when walking fully clothed)

Fast forward to spring of 2011. For some odd reason I felt like picking up the exercises again and I figured that hey, even if I'm not going to gain, I've got nothing to lose and maybe a couple of years will do what increased intensity couldn't. So (and this is an important point) I was already committed long-term when I (re-)started exercising. I figured at least I'll do some stretches every time I take a leak, if nothing else. One thing lead to another and soon I was doing full exercises. I have done that for a year now, there was one injury (bruise in glans) that made all exercises a no-go for a couple of weeks, but other than that, I've been working out each week for 14 months or so.

I won't go into details but let's just say I have limited privacy. My routine has to fit into one or two 30 min sessions per day at most. I can warm up in addition to that, though, but half a year of warmups (a gel warmer) with absolutely zero difference on results or injury made me drop the warmups altogheter. I just listen to my body and adjust intensity as I go.

I feel I might be overtraining somewhat. I tend to do that. But my PIs are positive and switching between 5-2, mon/tue/thu/fri, or mon-wed-fri didn't make any difference in results so I might be limited (more on that later) anatomically rather than because of overtraining. My morning wood is glorious and I have no EDs with my SO (whom I've been with for 15 or so years). Rather, I consider myself pre-E, but luckily also a kind of semi-MMO and I'm currently one month in a complete rebooting (targeting three months and monitoring results as I go, so far all seems promising).

To be continued...

My training routine has varied somewhat. Of course, when I re-started exercising, it was easy to start with simply dry jelqs (being uncircumcised) and stretches in all directions. 5s per jelq for 150 jelqs and 30s per stretch twice to each direction. Very quickly (a couple of weeks),I noticed I got REAL veiny and EQ was 10/10. In retrospect this was probably close to the spririt of PESG's low-intensity routine and I should've kept the intensity constant for a couple of months to see results. But I didn't get any indication of added BPEL which has always been what I'm after, so I started varying the routine and upping intensity.

I'm still to this date unsure if I have made any length gains since because of my upwards curve it's very difficult to measure. As flat as I can force it against a ruler I measure 6.5"ish BPEL but using a cloth measuring tape I reach 7" BPEL. So I switched to measuring BPSFL which I can almost reach 7.1" consistently at the moment. There might be some progress but it's hard to tell and at best it's very slight.

But; At some point I figured I might as well try to go for girth just to see if I can have ANY visible gains. I did erect jelqs for a couple of months, but at the moment I'm doing strictly Ulis and tunica tugs, that's all. When starting girth work I measured a 5.3" MSEG baseline. I'm currently glad to report growth and I'm sporting a honest 5.51" , measured with no penis rings, no clamping, just "manual warmup" to a 100% erection and measure midshaft. At the very base I'm 6" but most of the shaft is equal thickness, I quite like the appearance at 10/10 erection actually, but would still like some more length "for reserve". Even my wife finally made a remark about me feeling thicker (I haven't advertised my exercises, at least not yet) , this happened twice, actually.

So, my current routine, which I thank for my latest gains, consists of just two exercises at the moment.

Main session: 4 sets of 5 one- minute Ulis (break every five minutes for firegoat rolls to get fresh blood, then work back up to 100% erection and go for the next set of five) .

I start with very moderate pressure, adjusting intensity as I go, depending on how I feel. This feels like "manual clamping", by the fourth set I usually have very nice girth expansion going on. I also rub the glans with my free hand while holding the Uli to maintain 100% erection through the set so basically I'm also edging for 20 minutes while I'm doing the Ulis. I sometimes finish with cumming, sometimes not, I don't really care as abstaining doesn't seem to help gains in any way (I tried, for a couple of months).

Second session, if possible: 1 set of 15 one- minute tunica tugs, followed by 10-15 minutes edging (when doable)

Currently I'm doing this mon-tue-thu-fri.

I know, the routine sounds rough, but I'm careful with the intensity and my PIs are very positive, with just one neutral PI (red spots which heal in less than a day) and absolutely no negative PIs.

There just happens to be a good opportunity right now so I'm taking a complete decon break for a few weeks. Just to see if I've been overtraining. Start back up in August carefully and probably just with jelqs + stretches for the first few weeks.
    sixrod
    Last edited by sixrod; 07-04-2012, 12:00 PM. Reason: added details of routine

Comment

So what's this "way of life" thing?

Just that I'm in no hurry. If all else fails, I'll drop back to doing a few side-to-side stretches per visit to the bathroom but I'll probably never quit completely. So I think that's my edge over "gimme gimme" guys who pop in and quit when they don't see results the first few months.

My wife sure seems happy with my current size and I like the veiny look with this 5.5" girth, so even if I don't gain, I'm fine with what I have. Sure, I'll gladly take any and all future gains both length and girth, but I'm not dissatisfied with my current size. I think that's important, and definitely shows in the bedroom as well.

BTW I really dig this forum. Nowadays Thunder's place seems kinda...odd.

Comment

Decon break over, first session today:

am & pm:

2 complete "rounds" of light directional stretches ( out, down, up, left, right, rotate left, rotate right) , 60 seconds for each direction, firegoat rolls between changing the direction, to restore glans color
        2 light 60 second horse squeezes
        2 light 60 second Ulis

Very easy on the unit. No red dots. Nice and plump afterwards. Maybe do a second run in the afternoon. (edit: and did)

I did some reading on the forums while on the decon break. I don't know what to think of this "cycle between stretching/jelqing" theory, it might have something to it. Maybe I'll stick to the above routine for a while, even though I admit it's real tempting to go back to full-blast Uli/tunica tug routine that seemed to be working for girth right before the decon break. On the other hand, I suspect I might've already been overtraining somewhat and that just might be limiting me in gains especially length-wise (tunica), so a few weeks or even a couple of months of mostly stretching might be an interesting experiment. The above routine done twice a day would result in around 40 minutes of exercising per day and a roughly 80/20% length/girth ratio.

According to the TGC theory tunica is my limiting factor anyway (high EQ, BPEL close to BPFSL) , so focusing on stretching should work. It's maybe just my poor experience with hanging and the fact that I don't really feel that much of anything while stretching manually (as opposed to the great expansion I get from jelqs and stretch exercises), that I might've actually been neglecting pure and honest length exercises -- funny actually, considering I started doing this to chase EL gains...
        sixrod
        Last edited by sixrod; 08-02-2012, 06:26 AM.

Comment

On Friday,

2x (am & pm):

2 * 60s directional stretches
          2 * 60s horse squeezes
          2 * 60s Ulis

Maybe I'll start updating the log on a per-week basis. Not too long to forget the details but not too short to constantly spam the thread.

Comment

Last week (let's call it week 1 of this new routine after the decon break), Mon-Tue-Thu-Fri:

2x (am & pm) except for Thursday only had opportunity for 1x,

2*60s directional stretches
            2*60s horse squeezes
            2*60s Ulis
            Plus some edging afterwards to prolong the expansion of the girth exercises. Ended up with a couple of DOs, a couple 'partials' and one complete failure where I just lost control. Oh well, win some, lose some.

Increasing intensity (of the squeezes) gradually. A couple of red spots but good EQ and positive PIs all around.

Comment

Week 2, Mon-Tue-Thu-Fri, 2x except for Fri only 1x,

2 * 60s directional stretches
              2 * 60s horse squeezes
              2 * 60s Ulis

Comment

Week 3, missed a pm session on Mon and Fri due to urgent schedule, otherwise the same as before.

Comment

Week 4 been busy with other stuff so only managed to fit in one exercise Mon-Tue-Thu.

Comment

Week 5 likewise very busy schedule so 1x Mon-Tue-Sat, 2x on Thu.

Comment

Week 6 -- 2x Mon, 1x Tue, 2x Thu, 1x Fri.

Comment

Looking good, keep it up Any gains or EQ improvements so far?
                        My progress log

Comment

Thanks, I wasn't expecting girth gains with what is basically a maintenance program for girth. I haven't measured but will do so after week 12. No spectacular gains so far, though, at least nothing obvious to my eye. Still it's only been a couple of weeks so I'm giving it time. Hoping for a sign of EL gains, even if modest.I was expecting EQ to fall slightly due to emphasis on stretching but no sign of such yet, EQ is 9+. Maybe after 12 weeks I'll still try some more extreme stretching exercises and/or dedicate more time for length work, but should that fail I'll revert back to working my girth towards an honest 6" MSEG, as I seem to have potential in girth.Took a rest week so I'm now starting week 7.

Comment

Week 7: 2x Mon-Tue-Thu, 1x Wed

Comment

Week 8: 5x total.

Comment

Working...
                              X