No announcement yet.

My Way There

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Have you switched from edging/ballooning immediately after your workout to later like Jay suggested? If so how has that been working for you? I've read conflicting theories about when exactly to edge. Some say it's best immediately after a pe workout cause it shuttles more blood into the tissue and helps heal faster and others say to wait 3-4 hours after.
    START (1/15/14) BPEL - 6.75" | NBPEL 6.25" | MSEG - 5"

GOAL (cemented) NBPEL 7" | MSEG - 5.5"

Comment

I've been taking a short break for PE'ing, so I haven't tried yet. I have my own theories, but I think that edging without orgasm is usually fine, although ballooning may lead to overtraining. My theory does include that edging without ejaculation shuttles more blood into the tissue and allows it to heal faster, but that ejaculation afterwards is bad mainly because it has the opposite effect of rushing blood out. I'll post my full theory when I have the time.

EDIT: ejaculation too often can also lead to decreased libido and fewer natural orgasms, which I believe would hinder progress by decreasing bloodflow to the penis and slowing down recovery. That's not saying ejaculation is bad overall, because it's not; you just have to make sure not to ejaculate so often that there's a noticeably decrease in libido and prevalency of natural erections. The negative effects are probably some extension of the refractory period. I'll include my theories on that in the same post, but for that I'll have to do more research.
      OnMyWayThere
      Last edited by OnMyWayThere; 01-24-2014, 10:14 AM.
      My Way There

Comment

Yesterday I PE'd after a long break. I did OLRUD stretches for 15 short kegels each, each followed by 5s each direction circle stretches. I then did 50 jelqs and 30 v-jelqs. The past week I've been having great EQ, lots of random erections, etc.
        My Way There

Comment

Just PE'd for the first time in a very long time, and I plan on getting back into it consistently.

I did OLRUD stretches for 25 short kegels each, each followed by 10s each direction circle stretches. The OLRUD stretches were done with one hand pulling at the base (to stretch the ligament) and the other below the glans (to stretch the tunica). I then did 50 jelqs and 30 v-jelqs, and edged for ~12min without orgasm.
          My Way There

Comment

PE'd again, mostly same as two days ago. OLRUD stretches for 25 short kegels each, each followed by 10s each direction circle stretches. The OLRUD stretches were done in the same manner as previously. I then did 50 jelqs and 30 v-jelqs. After that I tried to edge, and my dick felt very heavy; however, I had some trouble staying hard and so tried to push myself closer to PONR to keep myself hard, eventually pushing myself over at ~10min.
            My Way There

Comment

I did my normal stretches yesterday, but not much else.

Today, I jelq'd first, doing 50 jelqs and 30 v-jelqs. I then edged briefly before doing my normal 25 kegel OLRUD and 10s each direction circle stretches with kegel hold following each, followed by more edging for a total of ~18min of edging.

While edging I came extremely close to cumming and precum/semen oozed out, but no actual ejaculation or orgasm and I remained hard.

After all this, my flaccid was briefly larger than usual, but after a few minutes is back to its normal size.

I haven't been keeping up with my kegels, so I'm probably going to do a milder version of rbi99's routine right now (by milder I mean skipping the longer holds).
              My Way There

Comment

In the morning I did rbi99's kegel routine, skipping the 2 30s kegels in favor of 1 40s kegel.

Later that day, OLRUD and circle stretches as usual, then 50 jelqs and then 30 v-jelqs. I then edged for 15min 44s before orgasming. Before that, a few times I came extremely close and some ejaculate came out, or even almost shooted out, although it wasn't associated with an actual orgasm and I remained hard afterwards. That happened 2-3 times.

Also, at around 6min I abruptly started having trouble staying hard. I think that's due to two things. The first could be the kegels in the morning after a long time without. The second could be that my edge method is too physically arousing and I become desensitized after some time. I actually think it's more the second, and is something I should work on.
                My Way There

Comment

I am glad to see you are doing JP's or any good beginner's routine which help contidion before anything else. Props.
                  I will toss this to you; Don't do edging everyday but maybe 2-3 times a week. I would also advise you strengthen up your kegels first before moving to edging for better control against ejaculation because you are trying to get as close to PONR as possible than hold the ejaculation back then do it again.
                  Begin 7/25/2011:
                  NBPEL 7, BPEL 7.2, MEG 5.6, BEG 6

Current 12/05/2014:
                  FL 5.25, FG 5.2
                  NBPEL 7.8, BPEL 8.1, UEG 5.75, MEG 6.25, BEG 6.7

Long:
                  UEG:MEG 6.5

https://www.pegym.com/forums/progres...henewuser.html

Comment

That's good advice with the edging; I think I've overtrained a few times cuz of too much edging, although I attributed it to ejaculation after edging. And yeah, I'm used to having much stronger kegels. I was doing rbi99's full routine (https://www.pegym.com/forums/beginne...l-routine.html) backwards as Pirate recommends but after not kegeling for about a month had some trouble the last tmie I did it.

I'll implement your advice regarding edging and stop doing it so often, at least for now. I'm also going to work on edging with less physical stimulation, since I think I may be desensitizing myself to physical stimulation.
                    My Way There

Comment

If all possible don't ejaculate at all. Sometimes some will slip through on the fight against the orgasm getting to close but that happens. Let edging be for just that getting blood to those expansions which helps in gaining fibers and more blood to the penis that the body will adjust to in time.
                      Begin 7/25/2011:

Current 12/05/2014:
                      FL 5.25, FG 5.2

Long:

Comment

Yeah, I've been trying to. Unfortunately, when I get really close some ejaculate gets through. I think the problem has to do with my edging technique, which forces me to get extremely close to PONR in order to remain erect.
                        My Way There

Comment

Edged today with intention of ejaculating in the end, as this is my off day from PE (decided to just edge on off days for now, maybe edging for 5min max on on days but without ejaculation). However, ran into problems once again. After 6 minutes, I got completely soft. After I managed to get just hard enough to continue edging, I continued for another 7 minutes before running into the same problem, but remaining just hard enough to continue edging if I squeezed at the base as if I were doing an uli. 5 minutes after that I managed to pretty much force myself to orgasm (had to continue squeezing base up till that point). Then, I surprisingly actually came with lots of force (decided not to use tissue to see how far it would go as a measure of ejaculation intensity). However, I have learned that I definitely need to stay off edging for the time being; thenewdude, you are definitely right about laying off all the edging.

Also, I now very much think that this has to do both with physical overstimulation and with coming too close to PONR to frequently (may tire out PC muscles?).

I am not going to touch my penis apart from for helis until Monday (maybe JAI stretches though); however, I may do kegels tomorrow once I make sure I haven't overtrained my PC muscles.
                          My Way There

Comment

I would say overdoing it just worn it out some there. Good decision to let it rest. Like edging kegels as well you don't need to do everyday but really only keep them it shape that's all. Take it slow on step at a time into gains because fiber gains really do take a lot of time including having to repair the torn fibers as well. You on the right track. Keep it up.
                            Begin 7/25/2011:

Current 12/05/2014:
                            FL 5.25, FG 5.2

Long:

Comment

Thanks for reminding me of how important KEGELING is.

Comment

Thanks for your advice guys. After doing the rbi99 kegel routine for about half a year, a few months ago I decided to switch to the progression outlined in minuteman's DO guide but since I hate doing reverse kegels kind of put them off and stopped.

Also, I saw my girlfriend yesterday so ended up not resting at all...we haven't had sex yet and she's on her period, but we still did stuff and I came twice, the second time having some trouble staying erect, but the first having no problems at all. For a while, while doing stuff some pressure was consistently applied to my dick lengthwise.

After that it was turtling, so I put it under hot water in the shower for a few minutes and put on Bio-Oil, and today flaccid hang was normal and had a few random erections, so all's good. Still going to lay off for a little bit though; light workout today if anything.

Also, I did not do any kegeling since my stomach and bowels have been feeling weird after eating very spicy food last night on an empty stomach.
                                My Way There

Comment

Working...
                                X