Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bacterial Prostatitis Natural Cure - Cautiously Optimistic.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bacterial Prostatitis Natural Cure - Cautiously Optimistic.

This is a different kind of success story than is normally posted here but I want to offer my experience in case there are men suffering from the same thing that I am.

Awhile back I was diagnosed with bacterial prostatitis right on the heels of a Chlamydia infection. I was prescribed antibiotics. After antibiotics the symptoms remained but were tolerable for awhile and so I lived with it. Later on it flared up so badly that I began experiencing a Chlamydia like discharge. I went to get tested but initial tests showed no signs of infection. I was once again given antibiotics, this time a much more powerful one. About 2.5 weeks after starting I noticed things only got a little bit better and sometimes flared up again. I also read that the antibiotic I was on--a Fluoroquinalone--has the potential to cause irreversible and debilitating conditions. I became so frightened that I dumped the remaining supply down the toilet.

After I stopped the antibiotics I turned to supplements. I began to poke around on Google. I saw on a health forum that one man had begun taking certain supplements and had seen his prostatitis symptoms vanish. They are as follows.

Damiana: Damiana has been shown to have antibacterial properties and may also have aphrodisiac effects. I followed his example and have been taking it three times a day.

Pumpkin Seed Oil: Pumpkin seed oil is also known to have antibacterial properties and is very good for prostate health. Also boosts libido. Mine has certainly increased! I also take this three times a day.

Saw Palmetto: Saw Palmetto helps to reduce inflammation. Once again I take it three times a day.

Those are the three main supplements that I have been taking. In addition to these three, I have also added my own supplements. They are as follows.

Acidophilus with Cran Actin and D Mannose: I was taking the Acidophilus to restore the beneficial gut flora that had been killed off by the antibiotics. Bowel movements are easier, and my anus is now almost never sore, itchy, or burning. I chose this one specifically because it contained Cran Actin and D Mannose both of which are said to promote good urinary health. I have also added in zinc and selenium. I take the Acidophilus, Zinc, and Selenium once a day and the main supplements three times daily.

I expect that by this time you are curious to know my results? Well my sex drive is back so that's awesome. Today marks day fourteen overall of taking these supplements and my fourth consecutive day of being almost completely symptom free! The best part is that these supplements are actually good for you and don't carry any nasty side effects. Also saves on doctor bills. You can buy these without a prescription at any health food store worth its salt. I will continue taking these for a full month. After that I plan to take Quercetin with Bromelain for another month. One guy on another forum said it completely cured his bacterial prostatitis.

Guys we often turn up our noses at natural remedies. We think that devastating doctor bills and the latest prescription miracle poisons are the only answer. There are a lot of things in nature that can do things the medical establishment cannot. I am cautiously optimistic that I will eventually get rid of this annoying condition. If any of you are suffering from the same thing, well, these are the supplements I am taking and they seem to be working for me. I will update this post when a month has gone by. In the meantime I am maintaining a progress log in the progress forum. I hope this information is helpful to someone.

Add Selenium too for a more potent antioxidant cocktail. What you're doing is real cure. Your own body is healing with the nutrients you are giving him. It is designed that way. It is written in the DNA the ability to self repair. DRUGS, DO NOT CURE. Antibiotics yes, cure but killing your own defenses at the same time. Also antibiotics (by doctors) don't take into consideration the cause of the infection to begin with. They don't care. If you get symptoms again, shove down more antibiotics. Very criminal logic in my opinion.

Comment

Originally posted by Jackxxx View Post
      Add Selenium too for a more potent antioxidant cocktail. What you're doing is real cure. Your own body is healing with the nutrients you are giving him. It is designed that way. It is written in the DNA the ability to self repair. DRUGS, DO NOT CURE. Antibiotics yes, cure but killing your own defenses at the same time. Also antibiotics (by doctors) don't take into consideration the cause of the infection to begin with. They don't care. If you get symptoms again, shove down more antibiotics. Very criminal logic in my opinion.
      I agree. It is in the interest of the medical establishment to treat and not cure because then a source of revenue is lost.

Maybe you just missed it but I have added zinc and selenium. I take them once daily in addition to my main supplements. I mentioned the zinc and selenium in my main post.

Comment

Multiple times today I've urinated with what felt like zero symptoms! It still seems like they're hanging on a little bit and I notice them every now and then, but overall things are MUCH improved!

Comment

In 2010, I went through a spell of prostatitis for about 6 months. I thought initially it was bacterial but after several rounds of antibiotics the symptoms continued. Very frustrating time in my life.I read many articles online about yeast infections in men so I tackle the problem that way. The antibiotics had destroyed my immune system in my intestines and I self diagnosed as a possible yeast infection. I cut out all sugar and some carbs and went to meat and vegetables only. Immediately, in days symptoms started fading away and I felt better. Also, I took a probiotic everyday. Anytime, I feel bad or have urinary symptoms of prostratitis I cut our sugar and carbs for awhile and start on a probiotic routine. One note is I also attributed the original infection to stress (separation and divorce) and poor diet. By all means, I'm not comparing my episode or treatment to kelthuzad1986 but I wanted to get the message out there about my solution if someone is suffering out there. That was a miserable 6 months and I lost much confidence in my myself as a male. Pain in my nuts and while urinating sucks. And the multiple rounds of antibiotics made me feel horrible.

There is alot of literature of a yeast takeover due to such bad diets here in the US. I was sold in battling yeast after it cured my problem.

Cheers

Comment

I'm handing out REPS (GREENIES) to BOTH Kelthuzad & Trigger for great posts helping guys to naturally heal themselves! Never have experienced prostatitis (don't want to either), but for guys suffering from it, this is GREAT information. THANKS again, guys for helping others! It's what PE Gym is ALL ABOUT!

Comment

Originally posted by jockinthebox View Post
              I'm handing out REPS (GREENIES) to BOTH Kelthuzad & Trigger for great posts helping guys to naturally heal themselves! Never have experienced prostatitis (don't want to either), but for guys suffering from it, this is GREAT information. THANKS again, guys for helping others! It's what PE Gym is ALL ABOUT!
              Thank you for your words Jockinthebox. And thank you for your input as well trigger. I also began taking a pro biotic to heal the damage done by the antibiotics. This pro biotic is made with cran actin and d mannose for urinary health. I notice that bowel movements are much better and I just feel better overall.

Symptoms continue to be for all intents and purposes nonexistent. It is too early to declare a complete victory since bacteria once lodged in the prostate can be extremely difficult to get rid of, but I hope one day to be certain of being cured.
              kelthuzad1986
              Last edited by kelthuzad1986; 01-31-2016, 01:43 PM.

Comment

I will soon be at the end of my initial 30 days of supplements, and I have been symptom free for many days now. The problem is that I have no way to tell if I have been cured or if the symptoms are simply suppressed. In order to have a better chance of it being cured, I have picked up Quercetin with Stinging Nettle both of which are said to be amazing for prostate health. A guy on the ************* forums said that Quercetin outright cured his bacterial prostatitis.

Comment

Been quite awhile since my last update. After a month of taking my initial supplements, symptoms were almost completely gone but not quite. I still had a little difficulty going at random times, and I'd often notice a chlamydia like discharge which was slight during the day and much more noticeable in the mornings. Urination was sometimes accompanied by a slight burn.

Since the supplements ran out, I have continued to take Zinc and Selenium once daily and the Quercetin three times daily. Guys guys guys, I feel almost completely normal!!! 9.5 times out of ten I can urinate easily with no burning sensation. The feeling of a golf ball in my pelvis is completely gone, as is the constant feeling to urinate. I still have a pretty large amount of the Quercetin left. Once I am done taking it I anticipate feeling completely normal! Whether the prostatitis will come back or not is still to be seen, but I am so happy right now! I thought I'd have to deal with this the rest of my life!

Comment

Kelthuzad I have suffered from prostatitis in the past and believe I have it right now. I started taking prostate support that has saw palmetto, stinginger nettle and pumpkin seed oil. You have me curious about the damiana, quercetin and acidophilus. How much of those were/are you taking a day ? How many milligrams? I will most definitely have to buy them and add them to daily supplements. I freaking hate this right now. Feeling like I always have to pee. It's ruining my sex. Prematurely ejaculating bc I can get rid of piss feeling. Hoping it goes away. Years ago, 2003, I had my first bout. Urologist diagnosed it and said take flomax or take ibuprofen 800 daily to reduce symptoms. I chose ibuprofen. Eventually it went away. But it's hell. Definitely want to try what you're suggesting

Comment

Sometimes I feel like I have that. I don't know. I tried Prosta Q which has saw palmetto, cranberry extract and quercetin. It didn't really help me to my knowledge. Worth a try though. There's tons of supplements you can take. Bee pollen is another good one.
                      My Work

ARTICLES:

Comment

Working...
                      X