Feminism... How Fair Is It Actually?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Messerschmidt View Post
    It's just that there are a lot of "feminists when it's convenient" out there.
    Yup
    Start : 5.5 BP/4.5 NBP x 5 MEG
    Now : 5.5 BP/4.5 NBP x 4.75ish MEG

Comment

Originally posted by Rando View Post
      I agree that men can't really be sexually exploited and I'll give an example. Last night a random girl groped me at a bar in a pretty explicit way, and I didn't really care, lol. I know some women might scream bloody murder about that and maybe raise a scene if the roles were reversed, but guys simply like that kind of attention. I've also never really heard a case of a guy getting raped either.
      Exactly.

I admire you for paying for a lot of your stuff and commiserate a little too that it sounds like you've had some bad experiences in relationships, but I think you experience is probably a bit rare. I bet if you looked at who pays most of the dating expenses, then a vast majority of the time it is probably the guy, unless the guy is kind of a deadbeat or the woman a lot more wealthy.
      Please understand my spirit in which I share this. It is not as a victim. It is just sharing the facts of what I have experienced. I forgot about guys buying drinks. lol In my case, since I don't drink, I didn't get too much. Rarey did a guy buy me a coke! lol

Again, I hope I'm not offending anyone, but that is kind of the way I see it. In a sense, the guy is on top b/c he's the one who's usually deciding everything, but as the last paragraph shows, it isn't really an advantage anyway. I also think the USA is waaaay behind the curve as far as gender roles go. I think in a lot of cultures like northern Europe and Australia, it is very common place to "go dutch" in romantic relationships. Not surprisingly those are also among the most progressive countries.
      My UK friend pointed out to me about the UK and Europe having queens who ruled so it is a little better over there about females. If Queen Elisabeth had married she would have lost her reign. The man (king) would have topped her.

I am soooo glad no one has gone nuts with what I said. I didn't say anything to upset. But like I said, how could you? Nothing I say is gonna take away their being on the top. Small penis. Bent penis. Flaccid penis. Those things don't remove you from holding your top status. Silly.

Comment

My UK friend pointed out to me about the UK and Europe having queens who ruled so it is a little better over there about females. If Queen Elisabeth had married she would have lost her reign. The man (king) would have topped her.
        She is married to Prince Phillip.

Comment

And hes topped her, at least once!
          Going an inch and 1/2 deeper than before

Comment

Originally posted by 1471988 View Post
            She is married to Prince Phillip.
            I am talking Queen Elizabeth the first.

You are talking Queen E the second.

Comment

I feel like my question isn't being answered and I almost expected it not to be. When ever you talk about gender equality, people are usually all over the place about it. I tried to make my question very specific... but ah well.

I'm interested in the notion of men ''being on top'' that mistydawn seems to enforce. What exactly do you mean by it, and in which manner?

Again, that study stating women get paid less than men for same job position is simply untrue. Read the real study and you will see that the conclusion states that women get paid less than men on average (same job position was not addressed in the study). If it were true that women are paid less, some companies would hire strictly women for jobs to lower their labor cost.

Also the whole thing about men not able to get raped is also untrue. A few stories in Russia showed that women were also capable. Rape is a problem that mostly women face. I'm merely stating that it happens to men to.
              Hair Dresser Rapes Robber
              Russian women rapes 10 men

However, it's usually only sexist when men do it. Media always portrays it as sexist if a man behaves a certain way in front of a women. Here are two more videos that relate to this. I just feel like the feminist movement that brought women to equal rights as men, is now tipping the balance towards women's side rather than saying stable.
              It's only sexist when men do it (this guy is rather crude, but it's his way of communicating)
              Ikea Nursery for Men (notice how they depict men)
              Better to die quick,
              Fighting on your feet.
              Than to live forever,
              Begging on your knees.

Comment

Men can be raped.
                I have a friend who was wasted and hooked up with two chicks at a party.. they tag teamed him tied him down and raped him with a dildo, they were very rough and very aggressive....He doesn't view it as rape even though he was violated and he was saying no... I think its easier for him not to put the rape label on it and to just try to forget it ever happened.
                ~ If.....
                ~ TTBB big-ginners program for JPopping boobies
                ~ Lust and Love

“It is so hard to leave—until you leave. And then it is the easiest goddamned thing in the world.”

Comment

Sick world we live in.

Comment

What I'm trying to get to is that men and women should be treated equally as human beings. However, there are gender differences that makes it so the sexes have different roles to "play" in the society and the culture. Men and women are not equal in the sense of our instinct, biology and our gender roles.

I was wondering if paying the bill was one of those gender roles males have to play.

Are there any acts that women do that benefit men and don't necessary benefit women?

Edit: I just hate this notion that some people have that women can do everything and anything a man can do. It just feels like they are throwing away completely the evolutionary, biological composition, and psychological differences that exists between the two genders. There are aspects in which women outshine men and there are things where men perform better. Does anyone else agree on this?
                    Hooligangsta
                    Last edited by Hooligangsta; 10-02-2011, 09:21 PM.
                    Better to die quick,
                    Fighting on your feet.
                    Than to live forever,
                    Begging on your knees.

Comment

Originally posted by Hooligangsta View Post
                      Edit: I just hate this notion that some people have that women can do everything and anything a man can do. It just feels like they are throwing away completely the evolutionary, biological composition, and psychological differences that exists between the two genders. There are aspects in which women outshine men and there are things where men perform better. Does anyone else agree on this?
                      ]

One hundred percent completely. As people everyone should be equal, as sexes no we should not.

Regards
                      Cdn

Comment

Originally posted by mistydawn View Post
                        Anyway, men are not sex objects. I can't really explain it. It is just nature. And men cannot be sexually exploited.
                        I had my ass grabbed many times . Maybe because I have a nice ass that is worth grabbing.......

Most resonant was 4 months ago some women that had a crush on me grabbed in the lunch line at work..

Comment

Originally posted by Thick_Unit View Post
                          I had my ass grabbed many times . Maybe because I have a nice ass that is worth grabbing.......

Most resonant was 4 months ago some women that had a crush on me grabbed in the lunch line at work..
                          And if you said something about it, people would be like right on or so what, but if you grabbed the womans ass, your job would be on the line.

Comment

Originally posted by Steve23 View Post
                            And if you said something about it, people would be like right on or so what, but if you grabbed the womans ass, your job would be on the line.
                            The last time I hit a female in the ass was on an airplane I had a aisle seat my shoulder hit stewardesses ass kinda hard
                            totally unintentional though . I have very broad shoulders it sticks out in the aisle somewhat (small jet type of airplains)
                            and not a 737

Comment

Part of what we lose sight of is are intentions behind various acts.

If a man buys me dinner because he wants to (because it pleases him to do so) then I get the impression that many of you would view it as a gender role that he is playing into and I am taking advantage of.

If I buy dinner for a man (because it pleases me to do so) then I get the impression that many of you would view it as progressive or as a feminist act.

Yet in both cases the motivation was identical -- to share a meal with someone as a gift to both of us.
                              Personally, I prefer to interpret both acts based on the motivation behind them.

I know these are different cases from when a guy feels that he must pay for a lady's dinner in order to get her to go out with him. But if his goal is to entice her into doing something that she wouldn't otherwise do, then is it wrong that he pays the bill for it? If girl asks a guy out, then shouldn't she pay?

Comment

[QUOTE=Thick_Unit;372254]I had my ass grabbed many times . Maybe because I have a nice ass that is worth grabbing.......

Damn that has never happened to me. Where do you hang out? Maybe I should hang out there!
                                The world's still a toy if you just stay a boy!

Comment

Working...
                                X