Raise children.
    Keep house.
    Do shopping for family.
    Cook.
    Clean.
    Make beds.
    Do laundry.

Oh, that's not what you meant?

That's what they should do.Its a gender role that was created by nature and since nature is god,then i can only assume that is the correct function of the female.To go agains't it is kinda' like spitting upon nature.That's the way i see life.I base all perceptions upon nature,science and biology.

Comment

Here's a look at feminism from viewpoint of Total_Honesty:

Feminism was created to give women rights that were equal to men. Real women now had the opportunity to get work and be paid equally (or somewhat close to it) as men had. They didn't want to be viewed as sex objects, but of respectable individuals.

HOWEVER...somewhere along the way, a group of hoes started to take advantage of this. Hoes are the ones that EXPECT men to pay for things and not give anything in return. Hoes are the ones that EXPECT men to give up their seat on the bus. Hoes are the ones that EXPECT men to treat them like the queens that they aren't. Hoes are the ones that hit a man and don't think that he will hit back.

THEN...the real women got confused with the hoes and men couldn't tell the difference and got upset about the whole idea of feminism. Feminism can be a great thing as long as it's done right. Real women =/= hoes. It's like the old saying goes around my block, "Show as much love as you can to a woman. Don't do the same for hoes."

Comment

I'm starting to think that most people, even women themselves, are completely oblivious to the underlying mindsets that have great impact on women even today. All this talk about women going on dates and what they should and shouldn't do, or what kind of jobs certain sexes should have and whatnot is unimportant and has nothing to do with actual feminism, unless you are directly trying to talk about this new age POLITICAL CORRECT feminism, which the orginial poster directly said he wasn't referring to. But please, continue...

Comment

What do you mean underlying mindsets? I feel that many women have imprisoned themselves over the last few decades. They are doing more than ever and reaping less than they deserve. I s that what you meant?
          Consciousness and intention matter here.

Comment

Women have made progress, but society is still largely misogynic in nature. I went into further detail with my first comment in this thread.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr.Curly View Post
              That's what they should do.Its a gender role that was created by nature and since nature is god,then i can only assume that is the correct function of the female.To go agains't it is kinda' like spitting upon nature.That's the way i see life.I base all perceptions upon nature,science and biology.
              I haven't read everything in this thread but WTF. If my girlfriend saw this she would hunt you down and cut off your balls using a rusty and blunt knife.

I'm a male and I enjoy helping out with the housework. I make the bed, clean the room(s), vacuum, do the dishes, help with laundry, help pay bills/rent etc. My girlfriend helps with all those too, she also has a job, helps provide an income equal to or greater then my own, helps pay for the bills/rent. Our relationship is of equal nature, neither of us do any more or less then the other.

My only issue with my girlfriend atm is that she wants to be a stay at home mum when and if we have kids and I want her to have a job and help provide an income (and I wouldn't mind being a stay at home dad, but will likely be forced to continue working). She says she never wants to quit working but also doesn't want to miss out on seeing the kids grow up, miss any school/sport events etc and I think the same way as I would hate to not see kids grow up due to work.

EDIT: Forgot to add I also cook. My girlfriend apparently thinks I'm a better cook then her, but seeing as I don't like cooking she cooks too. It depends on what we feel like for dinner that determines who cooks and who doesn't or if we both cook together.

Also when we first start hanging out she absolutely REFUSED to allow me to pay for anything, including meals, take away and other stuff etc. And every time I did (say she had no money or I refused to let her pay) she would ALWAYS try and pay me back that money.

It took a while to get her to accept equal share of money from both of us and we now classify as both our incomes as each others. So our combines money/income is OURS and not divided between us. We also have a joint savers account that can only be accessed if both sign for it.
              Last edited by insight; 10-07-2011, 04:17 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by sweetie52 View Post
                I honestly believe that women and men are the perfect compliment for one another.

I love being a woman.
                I think this is a very important point, that men and women are compliment. That both genders have something unique to offer to each other. Men and women should be treated equally as human beings. However, we should embrace our differences as a gender. Just like sweetie said, she loves being a woman and everything that comes along with being one.

I simply dislike the whole idea that "its only sexist when men do it". Off course not all women conform to this idea. I was really upset by this video concerning this issue. Men Has His Genitals Mutilated, And Laughed At

Anyhow, I found my answer to my original question.
                Better to die quick,
                Fighting on your feet.
                Than to live forever,
                Begging on your knees.

Comment

Working...
                X