No announcement yet.

The Manly Arts!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• She's talking about how feminism has been a detriment to society. The relevance to this post is Manly Art Number 1: Be a man as men were intended to be, not the weak sniveling lapdogs we've been taught that women want us to be.

Here's another video on this topic but with Bill Mahr so it's pretty funny but true (also with Art Alexakis from Everclear).

Politically Incorrect, Making Women Nod Part 1 - YouTube
    Last edited by jim2327; 01-04-2012, 01:41 PM.

Comment

• Jim Jefferies, the Oz comedian, very funny, but crude. Ozzie "manly" style.

Jim Jeffries Stand Up Comedy 2010 (Sex Responsibilities) - YouTube

Comment

• Opening doors for women and knowing what kind of wine to order is all well & fine, being a superstar in bed is even better, but for me, being a man is about finding your center-of-gravity; about developing your own set of sound, solid principles and having the courage to live by them 24/7, even in the face of adversity.

Building a foundation as to who you are and what you stand for will not be squelched by feminism or any other kind of 'ism,' for that matter. It will not succumb to what is trendy. Drop a REAL MAN anywhere, transport him to any time, and he will remain true to his essence: a gentleman will remain true to his essence and look good while doing it.
        Rockitman
        Last edited by Rockitman; 01-04-2012, 01:49 PM.
        <=3 . . . . . . <==3 . . . . . . . <===3

Comment

• I agree in part but chivalry is dead and it is feminism that killed it. Women can not act as men and be treated like ladies, we are animalistic in nature and the new western woman is beginning to act the same way.

Really? Building a foundation won't be squelched by feminism? Do you really mean to tell me that you can't see the oppression that now exists on men all around the world, especially in the US?

Comment

• First time I am reading this thread and truly enjoying it.
            Consciousness and intention matter here.

Comment

• Yo-iminsoluble: great post especially about the little extras- v t-shirts and good looking shoes-along with wearing the color pink. I love it when my guy pays attention to himself. He looks hot in pink and when he is clean shaven-shows off his beautiful eyes. Shoes tell a lot about a guy.

Comment

• I think it very manly when a guy washes his lady's car for her.

Comment

• Originally posted by jim2327 View Post
                  I agree in part but chivalry is dead and it is feminism that killed it. Women can not act as men and be treated like ladies, we are animalistic in nature and the new western woman is beginning to act the same way.

Really? Building a foundation won't be squelched by feminism? Do you really mean to tell me that you can't see the oppression that now exists on men all around the world, especially in the US?
                  jim2327: please read this post

https://www.pegym.com/forums/relatio...tml#post419231

As you can see, I'm right there with you! Feminism, or any kind of ISM, to me means 'IS all about Me.' Any ISM is extremist, many start out as something fair and noble, then get twisted and perverted along the way. How do you combat extremists? By sticking to sound strong principles. I like being a man, a gentleman, and if I open a door for a militant feminist who calls me an asshole, I'd do it again in a heartbeat-It's her problem, not mine: I'm just being the person I chose to be. It starts with an idea, an idea spreads to become a belief, and that's power! You can attack a man, verbally or physically, you can even kill him. But an idea that is spread to enough people can outlive, and be much bigger than the person who came up with it.

And the idea I believe in is simple: be a Man: a man is fair, a man does what's right, a man takes responsibility for his actions, a man helps those who cannot help themselves, a man has the physical and moral courage to continue to BE a man under any circumstance, and most important, a man doesn't do anything he wouldn't want sprawled all over the news the next day.

Everything else is just window-dressing.

If every day, one more guy decided to live his life that way and then passed it on to his son, imagine what the world could be like going forward...
                  Rockitman
                  Last edited by Rockitman; 01-04-2012, 04:37 PM.
                  <=3 . . . . . . <==3 . . . . . . . <===3

Comment

• did someone just say that men are being oppressed?
                    Are you kidding me?
                    "Know the rules well, so that you may properly break them" - The Dalai Lama
                    Do not criticize the seed for not yet being a tree.
                    Character is destiny - Sigmund Freud
                    As long as I have breath in my lungs, I will make this happen

Comment

• Absolutely, without a doubt.

Comment

• A man is only oppressed if he allows himself to be oppressed.
                        Pirate Diplomacy:
                        The art of telling someone to go to hell and having them look forward to the trip.

Remember: If done right, there is no such thing as safe sex.

Comment

• Originally posted by sweetie52 View Post
                          First time I am reading this thread and truly enjoying it.
                          You cut me deep, Sweetie........real deep............
                          Pirate Diplomacy:
                          The art of telling someone to go to hell and having them look forward to the trip.

Comment

• Originally posted by Pirate View Post
                            A man is only oppressed if he allows himself to be oppressed.
                            Do you mean to imply that men are allowing ourselves to be oppressed? If so I agree, hopefully if enough men realize it we can change it. If you're implying that a single man is only oppressed if he allows himself to be I disagree. A single man will not change the way that our society and government have a gender bias. Need examples?

women win most custody battles regardless of which parent is more fit to raise children, WIC and organizations like it, affirmative action, criminal prosecution and sentencing, presumption of guilt for sexual assault claims at many universities, domestic violence, single mothers get tons of assistance while single fathers DO NOT, forced conscription, male circumcision, healthcare and awareness, not to mention the vast social advantages women have and the even more vast stigmas that have been placed on men by the feminist movement.

Comment

• Originally posted by Pirate View Post
                              You cut me deep, Sweetie........real deep............
                              Yarr....ye ran the man through!
                              How did I get here?

Well I was looking for Pygmy.com (I gotta thing for small people, so what), and ended up here.
                              And I've been here ever since.

Comment

• tis true..................
                                Pirate Diplomacy:

Comment

Working...
                                X